Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

Question about Share and Stocks ISA

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Newly Registered
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:42 pm

Question about Share and Stocks ISA

Post by aserff » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:15 pm

Hi I am a tier 2 holder and my wife is on tier 2 dependent,

my question is can my wife open a Share and stocks ISA and invest will it affect our future applications ( Extension and ilr).

Do I need to inform HO or HRMC about the investment or gaining every year?

Thank you

Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:44 pm

Re: Question about Share and Stocks ISA

Post by JohndoesUK » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:21 am

Tier 2 visa holders can open ISA's as it is not considered as public funds, the requirement for opening one is that you are resident in the UK (which a Tier 2 visa holder will be). Even if you get the Lifetime ISA where you would get the 25% bonus you would not be breaking the law.

You also don't need to contact HMRC directly, the platform/company you are with will do that for you.