ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding Settlement and MN1 form

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

starohit
Newly Registered
India

Regarding Settlement and MN1 form

Post by starohit » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:54 pm

Dear Members,

I am eligible for ILR in March 2018 (Route: Tier-2 General). I am married and my wife came to the UK in May 2016. We both hold Nepalese passport. We have a son who was born in UK July 2017. My questions are as follows:

a) Is it required by our son to hold Nepalese passport in order to apply to register as British? There is a section that asks us to fill in the "current passport details" in the application form.
b) Is applying through NCS faster than postal service?
c) My wife is on my dependant Tier-2 Visa. Her visa is expiring in Feb 2019. Do i need to apply for her visa immediately after i have got my ILR or can she wait until next 2019 when her current visa expires?

Awaiting for your valuable feedback!

Kind Regards.

vinny

Re: Regarding Settlement and MN1 form

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:00 pm

a) No.
b) Don't know. The advantage with NCS is that you get to keep original documents and JCAP is possible.
c) Wait.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.