ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Remote working out of UK due to covid 19

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Cincinati
Newly Registered
India

Remote working out of UK due to covid 19

Post by Cincinati » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:25 am

Hi all, I have had to take a personal trip out of the UK to maintain permanent residency in HK on 23 March. I am under a mandatory self quarantine for two weeks till 05 March. I was aware that I would be put in quarantine and had kept My employer informed. I was permitted that I can work remotely from HK temporary till for a few weeks until I can return safely to the uk. My employer has updated The SMS that I am temporarily working from hk for a few and anticipates my return in few weeks until I can return back safely

I am now worried to travel and return back to uk with the virus situation being this bad. Is it fine for me to work remotely for 4/5 weeks and then take my annual leave for 3/4 weeks for the situation to hopefully get better and then travel back. Do you’ll think it would create any problems for my Tier 2 visa. Please advise. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Remote working out of UK due to covid 19

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:43 am

Your employer would have received updates from ukvi.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/covi ... 99566.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Cincinati
Newly Registered
India

Re: Remote working out of UK due to covid 19

Post by Cincinati » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:14 am

Cincinati wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:25 am
Hi all, I have had to take a personal trip out of the UK to maintain permanent residency in HK on 23 March. I am under a mandatory self quarantine for two weeks till 05 March. I was aware that I would be put in quarantine and had kept My employer informed. I was permitted that I can work remotely from HK temporary till for a few weeks until I can return safely to the uk. My employer has updated The SMS that I am temporarily working from hk for a few and anticipates my return in few weeks until I can return back safely

I am now worried to travel and return back to uk with the virus situation being this bad. Is it fine for me to work remotely for 4/5 weeks and then take my annual leave for 3/4 weeks for the situation to hopefully get better and then travel back. Do you’ll think it would create any problems for my Tier 2 visa. Please advise. Thanks