ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Requesting passport back before visa is issued

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mammadj1
Newly Registered

Requesting passport back before visa is issued

Post by mammadj1 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:00 pm

Hi everyone,

Apologies if this question has been covered here before.

I am currently in the UK with TIER4 visa (I am an international student) and my studies already finished. I am currently working on my final master's project/dissertation, which is due to be completed by the end of August, 2018. FYI, my student visa expiry date is December, 2018.

I have got a job offer, which starts on the 3rd of September. The company sponsors my visa and my visa application has already been submitted (applied within the UK, switching from TIER4 to TIER2). When the company submitted my application, they chose the slowest option, so my visa decision will be given in 8 weeks.

I need to travel to another country on the 31st of August for 2 days, but I am concerned that the visa decision will be given by that time and I won't have the new BRP issued.

I have been told that I can request to get my passport back from the home office, which will take up 10 working days.

My question is:
1) If I request my passport & BRP (old one), will I be able to travel outside UK and enter the country? My old/current BRP (TIER4) will expire in December, 2018
2) What will happen to status of my TIER2 application? Will they freeze it until I return the UK and then continue to process it?
3) What are the things that I should be careful? Have you experienced or do you know anyone who experienced this issue in the past?

Kind regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Requesting passport back before visa is issued

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:13 pm

Where are you planning to travel to??

Page 21/22 in link below.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... n-v1.0.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.