ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Resident Labour Market test question

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ash_1281
Newly Registered

Resident Labour Market test question

Post by ash_1281 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:38 pm

Hi all,

I have currently got a Tier 2 General Leave to remain with my current employer but its expiring next month so my employer has submitted a new visa application for me under the category "Tier 2 Extension". My SOC has now changed but I understand that the application can still be submitted under "Tier 2 Extension". Both my previous SOC and the new SOC are listed under the shortage occupation list of UK.

Now, my question is that in the Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) my employer has specified the below, however, from the UKVI Tier 2 visa guidance I can see that a Residence Labour Market Test is required if the SOC changes even though its with the same employer. But it also says in the guidance that a RLMT is not required if the job is in the shortage occupation list which also applies to my case but it hasn't been mentioned anywhere in the CoS.

Code: Select all

Have you met the resident labour market test?:                               Y
Give details of the resident labour market test including where and
when the post was advertised and reference number(s) for mandatory
advertising:                                             Tier 2 General extension no RLMT required
I am very confused about whether this will affect the outcome of my application as I don't need a RLMT because the job is in shortage occupation list however the reason in the CoS about RLMT not required simply due to Tier 2 General extension is incorrect. Does anyone have any idea on how Home Office will treat this or any suggestion on what to do about this?

Many thanks all!