ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled Worker Application- Travel History

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

saandyenator
Newly Registered
India

Skilled Worker Application- Travel History

Post by saandyenator » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:33 pm

Hello,

I've recently submitted my skilled worker application form and while going through the generated PDF noticed the section on World Travel History
(Have you visited any other countries in the past 10 years. Do not include visits to UK, USA, Canada, Australia , New Zealand or the EEA).

I've selected the option as "No" but then suddenly remembered about the couple of connecting layovers(around 2 hours) I had in Abu Dhabi couple of years back. There's no stamp on my passport to actually highlight I was in UAE and I was referring to my passport to help me remember the places I've been while selecting this answer.

Can someone please let me know what should've been selected for the above scenario and what options do I have now. I've already submitted the application and paid the fees.

Please let me know if I need to submit my old passport(expired Dec 2020) which actually contains my whole travel history along with the application.

vdemertz
Newly Registered
Greece

Re: Skilled Worker Application- Travel History

Post by vdemertz » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:57 am

Hi there,
I don’t think layovers are included in travel history. I personally did not included them and it was fine. For example I traveled to Dubai with a 7h layover in Istanbul, and did not mentioned it. Same goes with other layovers I had. Don’t worry!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:13 am

Travel history is about any countries you have previously entered, and when and why. It is not about airports where you have changed planes.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

saandyenator
Newly Registered
India

Post by saandyenator » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:55 am

sah10406 wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:13 am
Travel history is about any countries you have previously entered, and when and why. It is not about airports where you have changed planes.
Thank you so much for getting back to me.

I was just concerned because when I tried selecting the answer as 'Yes' on a different dummy application and the options which popped up included Transit(Travelling through a country).

Does changing planes without passing through border control count as a Transit which needs to be declared on skilled worker visa application form?

Thanks for all your help!!!!!

saandyenator
Newly Registered
India

Post by saandyenator » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:56 am

vdemertz wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:57 am
Hi there,
I don’t think layovers are included in travel history. I personally did not included them and it was fine. For example I traveled to Dubai with a 7h layover in Istanbul, and did not mentioned it. Same goes with other layovers I had. Don’t worry!
Thank you so much for getting back to me.

I was just concerned because when I tried selecting the answer as 'Yes' on a different dummy skilled worker application and the options which popped up included Transit(Travelling through a country).

Does changing planes without passing through border control count as a Transit which needs to be declared on skilled worker visa application form?

Thanks for all your help!!!!!

vdemertz
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by vdemertz » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:04 am

No it shouldn’t, they probably mean if you have entered the “transit” country and not just arrive at the airport for transit. In any case you should be fine as I was and I didn’t include any transits.