ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled worker dependant visa - UAN number issue

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zhd
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Skilled worker dependant visa - UAN number issue

Post by zhd » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:31 am

Hi, I'm currently on skilled worker visa and switched my visa within UK hence I got UAN number during my application. My wife and children are living outside UK and I would like to bring them back in the UK as my dependant.

When my wife filled out her application she can able to put the UAN number (https://www.dropbox.com/s/37pnu4i29w90p ... n.jpg?dl=0). However when I go to https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... d-children link and select apply online as your child, I don’t get UAN option during application rather we only see Home Office reference number, VAF and GWF (https://www.dropbox.com/s/mhpm472w3232x ... .jpeg?dl=0).

Shall I select VAF and put UAN number?

ywlgy

Re: Skilled worker dependant visa - UAN number issue

Post by ywlgy » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:58 pm

I would go for Home office reference number and put UAN. VAF is on visa sticker and you don't have it since applying within the UK.
I remember after this question there are further questions asking about your BRP, national insurance number, etc. So there is little chance that the system would fail to link their applications to you.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

zhd
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by zhd » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:50 pm

Thanks for your reply. I also wanted to put UAN number in Home office reference number section, but it didn't work unfortunately. UAN number is 16 digit number, but Home office reference number accepts only 8 digit number and character.

I'm planning to add the text below in Extra information section.

I had to answer NO, I DO NOT HAVE A REFERENCE NUMBER FOR THEM for the question DO YOU HAVE ONE OF THESE REFERENCE NUMBERS FOR xxxxxxxxxx at the start part of the application because there is no option for putting xxxxxxxxxx's UAN number. The UAN number has been mentioned in cover letter.

Will this be okay?

zhd
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by zhd » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:23 am

Can anyone help me with this query please?