ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled worker visa application - Have you ever received medical treatment in the UK?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vtox_g

Skilled worker visa application - Have you ever received medical treatment in the UK?

Post by vtox_g » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:38 am

Hey,

I have in the UK since 2017 Jan and this is the third time I am going through the sponsorship process. I lost my last 2 job due to covid.

I need your help on this one question on my visa application for a skilled worker visa.

Have you ever received medical treatment in the UK?

How to answer this question. I have visited my GP several times in the last 4 years and from Oct 2020 my GP recommended some medication and I am still taking this medication.

I am really worried here, irrespective of the type of medication I am going under do I have to be worried about visa rejection because of this. (the medication from my GP is for stress and anxiety, I was very stressed due to my job)

Here I have to select from what Month and year started the treatment and when it ended or still taking the medication.

I never had to answer this in my previous application as it was processed by the immigration agency and now the company has asked me to process the application.

I appreciate your advice on how to answer this question - Thank you so much in advance

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Skilled worker visa application - Have you ever received medical treatment in the UK?

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:49 am

Hello

They are mainly interested by hospital treatments. And anyway, it won't affect you as you were entitled to NHS treatment anyway.

This field is just to see if the application didn't get any NHS treatment while not entitled.

But if you have been under a Tier 2 visa, there would've been no issues for you using NHS.

GP appointments are not relevant and you don't need to disclose that you are taking pills and until when.

On a side note, if a job is making you sick to the point where you need to take medication, you need to consider moving to something else. Even if you are paid 1 million per year, it doesn't worth destroying your health and well being over it.

All the best!

vtox_g

Re: Skilled worker visa application - Have you ever received medical treatment in the UK?

Post by vtox_g » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:07 am

Zerubbabel wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:49 am
Hello

They are mainly interested by hospital treatments. And anyway, it won't affect you as you were entitled to NHS treatment anyway.

This field is just to see if the application didn't get any NHS treatment while not entitled.

But if you have been under a Tier 2 visa, there would've been no issues for you using NHS.

GP appointments are not relevant and you don't need to disclose that you are taking pills and until when.

On a side note, if a job is making you sick to the point where you need to take medication, you need to consider moving to something else. Even if you are paid 1 million per year, it doesn't worth destroying your health and well being over it.

All the best!
Thank you so much.

Have you ever been given medical treatment in the UK? if I say "Yes"

Next question is

Were you told that you had to pay the hospital, clinic or doctor's surgery for your medical treatment? If I say "No"

Next question is

Where did you go for your previous medical treatment in the UK? I select
"To a doctor, clinic or hospital for non-emergency treatment"

Next question they ask is the name of the surgery, clinic or Hospital and from when I started the treatment and when I finished or still taking the treatment.

So is it ok to say "No" for Have you ever been given medical treatment in the UK? if I don't want to disclose my medical history?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:09 pm

Read this:

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/medi ... 12333.html

You don't need to tell them what is your illness and what medication you are taking. This is not going to affect your immigration status as you are entitled to free treatment.

vtox_g

Post by vtox_g » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:17 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:09 pm
Read this:

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/medi ... 12333.html

You don't need to tell them what is your illness and what medication you are taking. This is not going to affect your immigration status as you are entitled to free treatment.
Thank you Zerubbabel for making this clear. Ill will add whatever date I started the treatment.

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Post by Sv2018 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:43 pm

Hi Vtox,

Didn’t you get through your visa?
What did you declare about the medical treatment in the visa form?
Would be helpful to me.
Thanks

RamyaA

Post by RamyaA » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:49 am

Hi Vtox and Sv2018

Could you please let us know if you have declaraed about themedical treatment in the visa form?
Would be helpful to me.

Thanks
Ramya

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Post by Sv2018 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:49 pm

Please declare if you have availed the treatment. No issues as you are entitled to medical treatment under Tier 2 visa having paid the immigration health surcharge.