ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled worker visa extension queries

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

GB09

Skilled worker visa extension queries

Post by GB09 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:34 pm

Hello,
    Do I need to attend the appointment (in case I can’t get the appointment before my VISA expires) before my VISA expires ? If I pay the application fees and IHS fees and book an appointment (even if it is after the visa expiry date) before my visa expires, can I stay in the UK?
      In the consent form (new addition) there are 3 parts. Who needs to sign the part three of the form in my case?
      My university HR said since I am already here in the UK for more than 12 months that part can be left as it is.
        Do you Have an academic PhD? (we will consider this part of your application if it is relevant to your job in UK)
        Do you have a NARIC no.? (this would be mentioned on your Cos)
        I have an academic PhD and a Naric no. (as I got my degrees assessed before I came to UK in 2017) but the Cos provided by the university says PhD not required for the job so, the NARIC no. is not present on the CoS (As I do not require tradeable points). So, in this section what should be my answer? If I say I do not have NARIC no. then It asks me to submit my PhD degree.
        Should I still mention my NARIC no., even though it is not mentioned on my CoS? I am confused here as my English eligibility (assessed by UK NARIC)that I submitted with my initial tier 2 visa is based on my PhD degree. My HR suggested to answer NO to the question: “Do you Have an academic PhD?” . But I do not feel comfortable answering no as my English eligibility is based on the PhD degree as explained above.
        What do you suggest is the best way to deal with this section?
          Is it required to provide national identity card no.( from India)? I have not provided it in my previous extension applications.

VivienB
          Newly Registered
          China

Re: Skilled worker visa extension queries

Post by VivienB » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:28 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if you have got some useful advice.

- I'm in a similar situation regarding the PhD degree, but I didn't get mine certified by NARIC as it was not required for my previous visa. It's also stated in my CoS that a PhD degree is not required for the job. I'm confused about what I should fill. So I can totally relate to what you said about feeling uncomfortable not to answer it 100% truthfully. I think it's always better to be honest as deception will get our applications refused. Hope someone experienced can us some advice here.

- Regarding the interview: when i was extending my Tier 2 visa last year, my appointment was after the expiry day of my visa and i had no problem at all. You just need to submit the application before the last day of your current visa.

am2203
          Newly Registered
          United States of America

Post by am2203 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:10 pm

Hello, I'm in a similar boat -- my Tier 2 visa expired on Feb 14, and I am waiting for approval on my extension application. I was informed by my Uni's HR department that as long as I submit the online application BEFORE the expiration date, I will be OK. However, the soonest I was able to get an appointment with Sopra Steria for biometrics was today, which is well after my visa expired. So, I hope that a submitted application refers to the date I paid for my extension and my health surcharge, not the date I completed biometrics.

Custers11
          Newly Registered
          United States of America

Post by Custers11 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:38 pm

I am in the same situation with my Vusa app. HR did not use the PhD for tradeable points therefore on my CoS it says that a PhD is not needed for the post. BUT YES, I do have one! I have one from an English speaking country and I am a citizen from an English-speaking country, so that is not a problem. I am just not sure what to put when the appilication asks that PhD question.
          Did anyone find a resolve to this question?

Custers11
          Newly Registered
          United States of America

Post by Custers11 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:51 pm

Oxford Univerity has great info on how to deal with the Skilled Worker form:
          Do you have an academic PhD? In most cases, you should answer ‘No’ to this question even if you do hold a
          PhD:
           If your CoS (page 2) states ‘N’ to the question ‘Is PhD Level qualification required for post?’ we are
          not relying on your qualification to meet the points required for sponsorship.
          By entering, ‘yes’ to this question, you will be asked to provide evidence of your qualification and if
          your PhD was taught outside of the UK a ‘PhD verification’ certificate from UK ENIC confirming that
          this is equivalent to a UK PhD. This will incur additional cost and delays to your application
           If your CoS states ‘Y’ you must also enter ‘Yes’ to this question, and enter the UK ENIC reference
          number (as listed on the CoS) or provide a copy of your UK PhD certificate with your supporting
          documents.
          Here is the linK:
          https://staffimmigration.admin.ox.ac.uk ... pse2500546