ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SOC Code wrong on CoS - Urgent Please

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MeriemL
Newly Registered

SOC Code wrong on CoS - Urgent Please

Post by MeriemL » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:21 am

I need some help, please.

My employer issued me a CoS today and have now emailed me a PDF copy of it. On the copy there are a couple of mistakes and I'm really worried that these mistakes will cause issues in my Skilled Worker application.

1- SOC code used on the CoS is 2312 Further Education Teaching Professionals, however, I will be teaching in a secondary school, so shouldn't the code be 2314 Secondary Education Teaching Professionals?

2- What qualifies as new entrant? I graduated in 2020 and only worked on a fixed-term contract through an agency whilst on Tier 4 DES Visa, I thought this meant I would be regarded as new entrant, however, on the CoS next to New Entrant it says 'N'.

3- Salary on the CoS is 26K - would this get points?

4- I hold a PhD that is relevant to the teaching role I will be undertaking, but, on the CoS where it says "Is the worker claiming points for a PhD-level relevant to the job?" it says "N" - Shouldn't this be "Y" so I can score 10 points for the PhD?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SOC Code wrong on CoS - Urgent Please

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:58 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.