ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Standard service - waiting for decesion from UKVI while switching from Tier4 dependent to Tier2 skilled worker (General)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rpagadal
Newly Registered
India

Standard service - waiting for decesion from UKVI while switching from Tier4 dependent to Tier2 skilled worker (General)

Post by Rpagadal » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:34 pm

Hi All,
I am new to this site. Since I did not find the references with my searches on this site, I am posting my query here. Please reply or share me the references. Appreciate you in advance.

I have given my biometrics on 23rd Aug, 2021 along with my three dependents and service type is standard. This application is to switch from Tier 4 dependent to Tier 2 skilled worker (general). My husband's application is to switch from Tier4 main applicant to Tier 2 dependent and kids are also moving from my husband's dependency to mine. We received email on the same day when we have given biometrics stating UKVI received all documents related to our application.

Till now we did not receive any further email update from UKVI and now the week 7 is running.

Could you please reply me how many more weeks I should wait, somehow can I get to know about my application current status, is UKVI considering my application.

shashie
Newly Registered

Re: Standard service - waiting for decesion from UKVI while switching from Tier4 dependent to Tier2 skilled worker (Gene

Post by shashie » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:13 pm

Usually, as per the guideline, it's 8 weeks within the UK.

Hope it clarifies.

shashie
Newly Registered

Re: Standard service - waiting for decesion from UKVI while switching from Tier4 dependent to Tier2 skilled worker (Gene

Post by shashie » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:26 pm

Just to add, check the topic of the timeline to see others sharing their own visa application timelines. It is very useful.

Rpagadal
Newly Registered
India

Post by Rpagadal » Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:05 pm

Thank you for clarification, I thought it could take 5 weeks generally.

j0553tt
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Post by j0553tt » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:23 pm

Did you get your decision within eight weeks?