ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Starting new job before Tier-2 visa is confirmed

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

suerue2
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Starting new job before Tier-2 visa is confirmed

Post by suerue2 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:18 pm

Thanks for your help (in advance).

I am currently in the UK on a tier-2 visa (valid until April 2024). I got another offer I really like starting October 16 - the COS has been issued and the visa application submitted in August (submission August 25, IDV September 8). I have had no word back on my application yet from UKVI.

I have now booked a physical biometric appointment for Oct. 20. My new employer wants me to start on October 16 as per the COS and contract using the C-19 exception while waiting for the visa issuance. They have been waiting to fill the position for a while so I feel under some pressure to make this start date happen.

I am now wondering if it is okay to quit my current job in readiness to start the new one without any assurance that the new visa will be issued. The application has been submitted through a renowned Immigration Agency, I have seen the COS myself, and it seems everything has been properly done.

Any and all perspectives on this situation are welcome. Thanks again.

alex132
- thin ice -

Re: Starting new job before Tier-2 visa is confirmed

Post by alex132 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:28 pm

you can start work