Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Post study work PSW to Tier 2 Dependant

Only for UK Skilled Worker and Tier 2 (Employer Sponsored) points system Tier 2

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:09 am

Switching from Post study work PSW to Tier 2 Dependant

Post by vicenka1 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:24 pm

Hello Gurus,
Please I need urgent help on the following.
I have been on UK student visas for 9 years, My PSW visa expires soon.
My wife is on a 3 yrs Work Permit Tier 2 and I want to apply as her DEPENDANT (TIER 2 DEPENDANT)

1)Can I do so whilst in the UK? or do I travel abroad?
2) What form do I require?
3) any UKBA links you provide will help.
4) Any advice on 10 year long Residency?

Many Thanks in advance.

User avatar
Senior Member
Posts: 935
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:15 pm

Post by bruteforce » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:38 pm

1. You need to go back to your home country to apply for entry clearance.
2. You can download the form from UKBA website for your country of residence.
4. If you leave UK while you have a valid visa and you return to UK with a fresh entry clearance within the 6 month period, you should be fine.