ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from T2 General to Skilled Worker, without an updated PRC

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cosseeker1
Newly Registered

Switching from T2 General to Skilled Worker, without an updated PRC

Post by cosseeker1 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:55 am

Hi everyone,

I hope this is not a duplicated thread, but I've searched first before posting.

I've been living in the UK since October 2018 on a Tier 2 General Visa and now is the time for the renewal. My employer and I are switching to the new Skilled Worker and as part of the renewal process I was asked to provide the Police Registration Certificate. I got a new passport and moved into a new flat in December and since there was a lockdown and the OVRO office was closed, I couldn't get these updated in the PRC. Apparently the office opened recently and the first appointment you can get is in October 21st, 2021, which is way past my visas' expiration date (September 5th).

I went to the OVRO office this morning and explained the situation and a HO officer was kind enough to reassure me that applying with the existing PRC shouldn't affect the application as they are aware of the issue and the backlog of appointments. He said that there 20,000 people trying to get their PRCs updated and the HO will take this into account. He suggested attaching the appointment confirmation as a proof that we've actually tried to get it updated but couldn't do it on time.

I've just wanted to ask in the forum if anyone has recently had or is having a similar situation and whether this affected their visa decision? I trust what the officer said but just keen on hearing wether other people had similar situations.

Thanks a lot

katya18888
Newly Registered

Re: Switching from T2 General to Skilled Worker, without an updated PRC

Post by katya18888 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:10 am

Hello cosseeker1,

I'm in a similar situation (except for the fact that I forgot to update my PRC after being away from the UK for more than 12 months). I'll have to update my Tier 2 General Visa and switch to Skilled Worker soon and worried that my PRC isn't updated.

How was your situation resolved in the end?

Thanks,
Katya