ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

switching sponsors tier 2, ILR implications

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Diam
Newly Registered

switching sponsors tier 2, ILR implications

Post by Diam » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:08 pm

Hello everyone,

I've been working with the same sponsor for over a little more than 4 years, and I'm considering switching to a new job, with a different sponsor.
from all the data i managed to scavenged online, the process seems rather convoluted- they claim getting a new cos will take 3 months, then after the notice period you have 60 days left of visa before you must leave uk, and if you leave uk then it seems you need to wait for a year until new visa application- which then essentially cancels your ability to apply for a residency, then it also states you cant start working for the new place without having the BRP even after your notice period with current employer has ended.
Could anyone please explain to me what are the steps and which timings approximately i need to follow, and what documents to submit where, as I am less than a year away from applying to indefinite leave to remain, and i wouldnt want to mess things up now.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: switching sponsors tier 2, ILR implications

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:14 pm

There is no 60 days to leave the UK if you simply resign and apply for a new visa with a new sponsor.

You are misunderstanding and confusing different things.

There is also now 12 months cooling off period anymore either.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Diam
Newly Registered

Post by Diam » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:10 pm

Oooh that's fantastic news CR001!

So if I have a job offer, do i first need to resign and then apply for a new one, or can i apply for a new one, get cos sorted, then give the current place 1 month notice period, resign, get the cos, apply for a new visa and start working once i have the BRP?

Also it will mean i cant start working from since the new cos was issued until i have the new visa and brp documents, right?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:21 pm

Resign later, once you have new visa or after you have the Co's and applied for the new visa.

You need the new visa before you can work for the new sponsor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Diam
Newly Registered

Post by Diam » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:59 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:21 pm
Resign later, once you have new visa or after you have the Co's and applied for the new visa.

You need the new visa before you can work for the new sponsor.
I see!

Thanks for the reply, that's really helpful