ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching to TIER 2 General Dependant

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sdpkm_dee
Newly Registered
India

Switching to TIER 2 General Dependant

Post by sdpkm_dee » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:41 am

Hi,
I wonder if anyone here could help me with a specific query I had as below:

My spouse has recently got Tier 2 Gen VISA. She varied her application from TIER 2 ICT dependant extension (submitted in May 2020) to TIER 2 General Main (submitted in July 2020) under COVID-19 concession of switching within the UK. While the decision on original TIER 2 extension application is still outstanding for my child and mine (IDV submitted on 8th Sep) and our recent BRPs already expired in June 2020.

In this circumstances can we vary our applications to TIER 2 general dependant while decision is still awaited for two of us?

Or, should we wait for our decision and new BRPs (on TIER 2 ICT extension) first and then apply to switch as TIER 2 Gen dependants?

Thanks in advance!

sdpkm_dee
Newly Registered
India

Re: Switching to TIER 2 General Dependant

Post by sdpkm_dee » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:25 am

Can anyone help on this please?

Also additional question - If child's current passport is expiring (in Apr 2022) earlier than Main applicants VISA end date (Dec 2024), would that be OK to apply to switch without getting a new passport for Child?

saraxs
Newly Registered

Post by saraxs » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:38 am

Hi,
Sorry not an answer to your question but need some advice.
I am in a similar situation, applied for tier 2 ICT extension as dependent along with the main applicant(spouse) on 10 Sept, used IDV, decision pending.
My employer is ready to give me tier 2 general, if I vary my application will it affect my spouse tier 2 ICT extension ?

Tash87
Philippines

Post by Tash87 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:00 pm

saraxs wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:38 am
Hi,
Sorry not an answer to your question but need some advice.
I am in a similar situation, applied for tier 2 ICT extension as dependent along with the main applicant(spouse) on 10 Sept, used IDV, decision pending.
My employer is ready to give me tier 2 general, if I vary my application will it affect my spouse tier 2 ICT extension ?
Can you please let me know how your employer checked your right to work with a pending application. My partner is in similar situation but it’s Tier 2 PBS dependant visa.

saraxs
Newly Registered

Post by saraxs » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:31 pm

Mine were fine with the confirmation of submission of extension application and receipt of fees and IHS.

saraxs
Newly Registered

Post by saraxs » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:31 pm

Mine were fine with the confirmation of submission of extension application and receipt of fees and IHS.