ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The police officer refused to register me.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Borderisaac
Newly Registered
Egypt

The police officer refused to register me.

Post by Borderisaac » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:27 pm

The local police officer refused to give me the police registration certificate because he needs a paper work to act accordingly. The problem that I have been in UK for nearly three years and I didn't go to register in the First 7 days from my entry because I didn't notice that line in my visa sticker. Also the letter from the home office didn't give instruction for me to go and register.
Now I am applying for a new tier 2 visa and don't know if I can submit the DBS police record instead of the registration certificate.
And if not, how can I get it while the officer still refuses to issue it for me. Can I get it from a different police station in the same constabulary? How to sort it out.

kamoe

Re: The police officer refused to register me.

Post by kamoe » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:10 am

Borderisaac wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:27 pm
The local police officer refused to give me the police registration certificate because he needs a paper work to act accordingly.
Where do you live? Procedures change from city to city, but I believe what he needs is for you to make an appointment? I once went to declare a change in circumstances and was refused because they moved to online appointments and only see you if you have one. I did not know this, and was frustrated at the time, but the solution was simple: I went and booked an appointment, then I came back when my appointment was due. Then they processed my declararion without an issue.

If is not an appointment what he needs, then do go back and ask for more information as to what exactly is missing... and go and do it/get it. No one is going to do your homework for you.
The problem that I have been in UK for nearly three years and I didn't go to register in the First 7 days from my entry because I didn't notice that line in my visa sticker. Also the letter from the home office didn't give instruction for me to go and register.
I have heard from people in your situation and the solution, although sometimes embarrassing given you are extremely late, is simply to go ahead and register ASAP, no matter how late you are. This is usually possible.
Now I am applying for a new tier 2 visa and don't know if I can submit the DBS police record instead of the registration certificate.
You have to go and register.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.