ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS PARTNER - PSW dep and Tier 2 Dep

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Atulanki1983
Newly Registered
India

PBS PARTNER - PSW dep and Tier 2 Dep

Post by Atulanki1983 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:29 pm

Hi,
My wife has got Tier 1 PSW partner vis in September 2013 and now she is on tier 2 PBS dependent visa.Can she apply for ILR in September 2018 as she will be completing her 5 years on ILR.
I will be applying my ILR on long term residence on July 2018 as I will be completing my 10 years.
Can you please advice on my wife visa can she apply for ILR in September

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS PARTNER - PSW dep and Tier 2 Dep

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:54 am

No your wife can't apply for ilr based on PBS dependent if you apply for ILR based on long residence. The rules don't allow it.

She will have to switch to FLR M spouse visa and meet all the requirements, financial and English etc. This will also reset her 5 year clock for ILR to zero and a new 5 year route to ILR, 2 x 2.5 year visas, before she can apply for ILR on form SET M (or 10 years ILR if she reaches that first).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Atulanki1983
Newly Registered
India

Post by Atulanki1983 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:48 pm

Hi Thank you so much.

But my wife first came to UK on tier 1 Post Study Partner Visa in Sep 2013. Now she is on Tier 2 PBS Dependent so her tier 1 partner visa month won't be count????.for her ILR on the basis of 5 years.

I m on tier 2 General visa and i m going to apply for ILR this month in July 2018.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:03 pm

But my wife first came to UK on tier 1 Post Study Partner Visa in Sep 2013. Now she is on Tier 2 PBS Dependent so her tier 1 partner visa month won't be count????.for her ILR on the basis of 5 years.
No she cannot as you are applying for ILR based on long residence based on your first post. The rules for PBS Dependents of ILR Long Residence partners changed in April 2014, see link below. She has to switch to FLR(M) and a new 5 year residence.

immigration-for-family-members/dependan ... 43881.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Atulanki1983
Newly Registered
India

Post by Atulanki1983 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:16 pm

Hi,
Thank you so much for clearing my doubt.
Then once i get my ILR on Long term residence then can my wife PBS dependent visa which is valid uptill July 2019.Can her visa then will be valid????once i get my status changed to ILR.

Second can she travel on PBS Dependent visa????

Currently my visa is on tier 2 general.I will be applying for ILR on Long term residence end of July 2018.

Thank you.
Atul

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:18 pm

Once you have ILR, she should change to FLR m before travelling out of the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)