ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Appeal - No points offered for Sponsorship cetificate

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jas22
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Appeal - No points offered for Sponsorship cetificate

Post by jas22 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:43 am

i applied for tier 2 visa and got refused as Home office stated that my salary is not as per the Salary stated by HO. I m currently at 20 K and was on Fresh talent Visa. i have been with my company for more than 1 year but recently changed role in april before i applied. As i was switching from FTI i should have got 30 points for Sponsorship along with certificate.

But they refused . I have appealed now.. will there be any fair chances of success.. or will i have to re apply ...............

If i have to reapply what would be the procedure......

jason32
Member of Standing

Post by jason32 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:07 pm

Do you think you have enough points? you must have a total of 70 points to qualify. Your salary must be at least 24K to claim full 20 points.

gevenia
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 Appeal - No points offered for Sponsorship cetifi

Post by gevenia » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:26 pm

jas22 wrote:i applied for tier 2 visa and got refused as Home office stated that my salary is not as per the Salary stated by HO. I m currently at 20 K and was on Fresh talent Visa. i have been with my company for more than 1 year but recently changed role in april before i applied. As i was switching from FTI i should have got 30 points for Sponsorship along with certificate.

But they refused . I have appealed now.. will there be any fair chances of success.. or will i have to re apply ...............

If i have to reapply what would be the procedure......
I am in a similar situation , i've recently change role with the same sponsor, have been with them for a year and a half now. i've got 10 points for my bachelor degree, so would only need 20 k to get the total 50 for that section; which this recent role offering me for

. however is it possible because of the recent change of job since it does says on the website, "working at least six month for the same sponsor and doing the same job " I've not submitted my application yet

asim_t2

Post by asim_t2 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:50 pm

I am in same position no points given for certificate of sponsor even though i am on 22k
any one willing to help....

asim_t2

Post by asim_t2 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:43 pm

Do any one now where i can find going rates for jobs.......

asim_t2

Post by asim_t2 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:41 am

Is there any one from above post who already lodged appeal.....any one please share as i have limited time to respond

sirleanalot
Newly Registered

Post by sirleanalot » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:15 pm

I am in same position as above and have already lodged an appeal, my hearing is tomorrow. I have no clue what to expect tomorrow and if anyone else has been through an appeal hearing then please leave some notes on how the experience was.

asim_t2

Post by asim_t2 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:12 am

see you private message

asim_t2

Post by asim_t2 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:22 am

Is there any more to share from some one......i am going for my oral hearing next month.

asim_t2

Post by asim_t2 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:50 am

any help....my appeal is coming close...

anjali_devi

Post by anjali_devi » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:25 am

Hi,

Can someone help me.

My friend's visa was rejected due to zero points for income since her bank statements did not have sufficient balance.

Now she has decided to get a sponsorship letter from an A rated sponsor.

Can we reapply using the same COS that was used earlier when her application was rejected

please help

Arjun_123

Post by Arjun_123 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:35 am

HI All.

Please see the following link.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/emplo ... fpractice/

on the righthand side you can see all the fields of employement. find one that is related to you and check the most closly matching job description to that of yours and see what is the minimum wage for that particular job title. your salary stated in COS should be equal or more than the minimum wage(obviously). if not home office will reject your aplication.

Jas22- in you case i guess this is the reason, coz 20500 is minimum of salaries mentioned on most of IT jobs. apologies if u r not an IT person.

This is just my opinion though. please correct me if i am wrong.

Cheers.

Arjun_123

Post by Arjun_123 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:40 am

even though the points caluculator is giving u points for u r salary. it should also meet the 'Codes of practice for sponsored skilled workers,
and u r salary should be greater than minimum wage specified by UKBA for u r Job Title/Designation?job description.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/emplo ... fpractice/

asim_t2

Post by asim_t2 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:56 pm

But what happen if its not in the list published by UKBA, as its happen to me and I can find my designation in that list.

Arjun_123

Post by Arjun_123 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:18 pm

Asim,

note that it is not necessary that the job decriptions / job title match exactly. look for one which have some similarity to that of yours.

on other hand if you cant find any then may be a Any senior/experienced members will have to advice.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:52 pm

asim_t2 wrote:But what happen if its not in the list published by UKBA, as its happen to me and I can find my designation in that list.
Do you wana tell me exactly what is your job title. The "CODE OF PRACTICE" list must have u occupation somewhere. It is possible that description might not be the same but look at the job details as it will explain that what is expected from taht job. Another thing u need to understand is that even you say that PBS confirms your future expected earnings but if the wages are less than the code of practice then u COS will be refused. U will score points for all the attributes even for future expected earnings but u will be refused the COS as the wages are less than expected by HO. U will be given points for future expected earnings but your COS will be refused. Hop it clears the confusion.

asim_t2

Post by asim_t2 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:31 pm

my job title is property operations manager (chief engineer or maintenance manager) in a 5 star hotel. i can not find my title under hotel and accomodation manager codes that is my industry but if they compare cheif engineer in other industries then there are some with high pay scales. how can they compare role in other industries.....

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:08 pm

asim_t2 wrote:my job title is property operations manager (chief engineer or maintenance manager) in a 5 star hotel. i can not find my title under hotel and accomodation manager codes that is my industry but if they compare cheif engineer in other industries then there are some with high pay scales. how can they compare role in other industries.....
Hav a look at the section F for construction and try to match the job role.

asim_t2

Post by asim_t2 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:32 am

I have looked into that section and found I am on far better pay rate but how i can ask them to put me under those codes as I say I come under hotel and accommodations managers but my job is similar to come under those which you pointed out

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:42 pm

asim_t2 wrote:I have looked into that section and found I am on far better pay rate but how i can ask them to put me under those codes as I say I come under hotel and accommodations managers but my job is similar to come under those which you pointed out
That is upto u company to decide. You can only give them details about the problem as they will use all those details to issue the COS.

asim_t2

Post by asim_t2 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:02 pm

Many thanks for your reply...but my visa been refused and i have right of appeal. I there any chance in appeal, I am afraid my leave already expired so I can not make a fresh application..

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:52 pm

asim_t2 wrote:Many thanks for your reply...but my visa been refused and i have right of appeal. I there any chance in appeal, I am afraid my leave already expired so I can not make a fresh application..
Well in that case u need to argue the point that u job was not assessed properly as per the code of practice and also get a letter from the company explaining the situation. The company letter will play a majoe role in winning the appeal.

asim_t2

Post by asim_t2 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:01 am

can you please explain about letter from company
many thanks

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:03 pm

asim_t2 wrote:can you please explain about letter from company
many thanks
U have to be very carefull if u r going to appeal. U need to find out the following asap.

1. What job title u company used when they applied for COS for you.
2. What were the wages or salary they put on the COS.
3. Did they check that job is paid according to that list.

Like i said earlier that its u company responsiblity to check these things and comply with the list published by UKBA. If your company just say for example give u a job title of "Construction Manager" and according to the list is should be paid £26000. Now in that case if u were paid £24000 then its a refusal. If u company could not find any description that matching u job (unlikely to happen as the list covers all the jobs) then u can argue the case. U can not chnage u job title for the sake of the appeal as it was used for COS by u company. If u still think that company could not find your job on the list then they should explain that in the letter about it.

asim_t2

Post by asim_t2 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:20 pm

my job title as per cos is property operations manager (in hotel) i can find same title with higher wage but thats not under Hotel and accomodatin industry, but i cant find same title under my industry..
If I search as per job skills in other areas (not under hotel and accomodation) then there are few with less than my wages....