ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 - Change of employer query (new job offer)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rudra83
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 - Change of employer query (new job offer)

Post by rudra83 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:02 pm

Hello,

I am on Tier 2 General visa, valid till Nov 2023. I have secured a new offer and the new employer is in process of initiating my new visa (I believe this will be Skilled Worker Visa now). The tentative joining date is in March 2022. I have couple of queries:

1. Assuming if I get my new visa early (say in December), can I keep working for existing employer till Feb 2022? Or should I resign immediately as soon as I receive my new BRP? My notice period is one month.

2. My wife is on a PBS dependent visa with same validity (Nov 2023). From all that I have read, there is no need to apply for her visa at this point in time. I can apply to extend her visa with same end date as mine when her visa is due expiry. Is that correct?

Thanks is advance.
Rudra.

marium95
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 - Change of employer query (new job offer)

Post by marium95 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:09 am

can anyone confirm point 2 please? I have successfully changed sponsor but since my dependents have visa validity till 2024 from my previous job. Can I extend their visa at a later date before their current visa expires? Would there be an issue? Especially, during traveling?

rudra83
Newly Registered
India

Post by rudra83 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:18 am

Hello all,

Please provide some guidance on following queries.
rudra83 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:02 pm
Hello,

I am on Tier 2 General visa, valid till Nov 2023. I have secured a new offer and the new employer is in process of initiating my new visa (I believe this will be Skilled Worker Visa now). The tentative joining date is in March 2022. I have couple of queries:

1. Assuming if I get my new visa early (say in December), can I keep working for existing employer till Feb 2022? Or should I resign immediately as soon as I receive my new BRP? My notice period is one month.

2. My wife is on a PBS dependent visa with same validity (Nov 2023). From all that I have read, there is no need to apply for her visa at this point in time. I can apply to extend her visa with same end date as mine when her visa is due expiry. Is that correct?

Thanks is advance.
Rudra.

pinki
Newly Registered
India

Post by pinki » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:16 pm

Following up on this .. can anyone please answer the above question ?

jubilantme
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by jubilantme » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:10 am

Answer -->
There is no issue if your new employer gets you a new visa while you are working for your existing employer. New COS should have a COS validity date by which you should join your new employer. I would advise you to get the new visa first and then start your serving notice period.

The course of action may look like below
1. Jan - your employer applies for a new visa via priority route which will ensure you get BRP in a week.
2. Feb - You start serving notice
3. March - You join your new employer

Answer -->
Once you receive your BRP you can then apply for your family as a dependent. You do not have to apply for their visa at the same time as yours. I am not sure if you can wait till their visa expires.

rudra83
Newly Registered
India

Post by rudra83 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:54 pm

jubilantme wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:10 am
Thank you so much. For the 2nd question, I have read some previous posts on this forum and have found out that I can extend to dependent visa to match the same end date as that of mine when it nears expiry. However will check the same.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Rudra.