ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 2 dependant absent more than 6 months

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pointclouds
Newly Registered
Turkey

tier 2 dependant absent more than 6 months

Post by pointclouds » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:13 pm

Hi,

I have been granted a Tier 2 general visa. My wife plans to join me possibly 6 months later, but we decided to apply to Tier 2 dependant visa for her too since she will probably visit me in this period of time too. She will come and collect her BRP card. She will then return to our home country and continue to work for a period of time, possibly 6 months or so. After 6 months, she plans to move to UK after finding a job.

Would this missing perioud of time cause any trouble to us in the future? Will I be able to apply to ILR (probably she will need as much time as the missing months)? what will her visa be in that perioud? and so on...

pointclouds
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: tier 2 dependant absent more than 6 months

Post by pointclouds » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:25 pm

so my main concern is;

at the end of 5 years I can apply for ILR, but she can't because of the reinstantiated 180 days rule.

So between the timerame where I switch to ILR and she can't get ILR, how will she cont. to work in UK? What do we have to do at the end of my 5 years (where she only spent, let's say 4 years and 3 months.)?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:50 pm

She applies to extend her PBS dependent visa!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:00 pm

pointclouds wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:25 pm
so my main concern is;

at the end of 5 years I can apply for ILR, but she can't because of the reinstantiated 180 days rule.

So between the timerame where I switch to ILR and she can't get ILR, how will she cont. to work in UK? What do we have to do at the end of my 5 years (where she only spent, let's say 4 years and 3 months.)?
She can extend her leave to remain as PBS dependent as many as she needs until she is eligible to ILR.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.