ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependant Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tholmes12
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Tier 2 Dependant Visa

Post by tholmes12 » Thu May 23, 2019 2:25 pm

My partner and I are both from New Zealand, we’re both currently on a tier 2 visa living in the UK. I want to go onto her visa as a tier 2 dependant to take a new job opportunity. We are not married but can prove we’ve been living together for 2 years. We’ve only been together about 3 and been living with each other for 2 years and a few months. My question is what documents should we provide to prove we’ve been living together for the last 2 years, and is there anything else we should provide to enhance our chance if getting approval? Any other advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Dependant Visa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 23, 2019 2:58 pm

My question is what documents should we provide to prove we’ve been living together for the last 2 years
HO would expect to see evidence of joint financial commitment and living together in a relationship akin to marriage. So things like tenancy agreement, utilities, council tax, HMRC or DWP letters, bank statements etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bganuk

Post by bganuk » Thu May 23, 2019 3:46 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 2:58 pm
My question is what documents should we provide to prove we’ve been living together for the last 2 years
HO would expect to see evidence of joint financial commitment and living together in a relationship akin to marriage. So things like tenancy agreement, utilities, council tax, HMRC or DWP letters, bank statements etc.
Are these documentos necessary even when married? I have been married to my wife since December 2017, but we have lived together since 2012. We have two children born in 2014 and 2017. I thought only the marriage certificate would be enough to prove the relationship. Is it enough or I should provide additional documents to prove?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 23, 2019 4:56 pm

gustavomendes wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 3:46 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 2:58 pm
Are these documentos necessary even when married? I have been married to my wife since December 2017, but we have lived together since 2012. We have two children born in 2014 and 2017. I thought only the marriage certificate would be enough to prove the relationship. Is it enough or I should provide additional documents to prove?
Being unmarried requires additional evidence if switching to Tier 2 Dependent.

Please ask your questions in your own topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.