ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent Child Visa Extension Only

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Helloosujata
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 Dependent Child Visa Extension Only

Post by Helloosujata » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:38 pm

Hello,

This is query regarding application for dependent children visa extension when main applicant already have valid visa.

I am on tier 2 general visa.
Visa start date: Jul 2017
Visa extended last year: Jul 2020
Visa valid till Jul 2022

My husband is on tier 2 ICT visa
Visa undergoing extension now
Current visa valid till Apr 2021

Children are on my dependent visa
Last year when my visa was extended, I applied for their extension as well. But as my husband's visa was only valid till Apr 2021, Thier (children) brp was issued with validity till Apr 2021 inline with my husband's brp end date whereas I got the brp valid till Jul 2022.

Upon checking with home office they mentioned some clause due to which kids will be issued visa till the earliest date of either parents visa.

Now my husband is applying for visa extension from his company. We have to separately apply for visa extension for my kids. We are using link mentioned below

Question:
1) do I need to fill my details as a main applicant on application? I have filled my details in start section where it is clarified that they are joining me and have added my sponsor's details.
I am not applying for my extension in this application.
If not, is my one of child becomes main applicant? When I want to add my second child, it says
I would like to add
a) dependent child
b) dependent partner or spouse

Who is "I" here?

2) In the declaration section it gives me below options
a) ..
b) I am applicant aged under 18
c) I am applicant and also submitting on behalf of other applicants
d) I am parent/guardian of applicant who is aged under 18 and completing the form on their behalf
e) I am submitting the form on behalf of the applicant

If I choose option b then it ask for some consent letter
If I choose d, then it is asking for relationship with me but how do I tell my relationship with me! And then ask for my all the details
If I choose option e, same ask me for third party details

Please help

Visa extension link: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... dant-child

Thank you,
Sujata

vinny

Re: Tier 2 Dependent Child Visa Extension Only

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:17 am

If children are extending with husband, then I think he’s the main applicant for them?

Why doesn’t your husband switch to being your dependant? As matters stand, both husband and children are ineligible for ILR except under Long residence.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Helloosujata
Newly Registered
India

Post by Helloosujata » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:58 am

Thank you for your prompt reply

My husband is doing visa extension through his company and he is doing visa extension for tier 2 ICT.

Kids are my dependent so we are doing separate application. So I am applying for visa extension for tier 2 general dependent child. I will be mentioning my husband's detail in cover letter and consent letter as well as done earlier.

At the moment we would like to go for different visa due to job requirement/security.

Please help with the questions related to Thier application

Thank you

Helloosujata
Newly Registered
India

Post by Helloosujata » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:15 am

Hi Team,

Please help me out here...

Thank you