ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 2 Dependent Visa for Unmarried Partner

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ns8008
Newly Registered
Russia

TIER 2 Dependent Visa for Unmarried Partner

Post by ns8008 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:33 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if someone here, had a similar situation or has a little more information on this topic.
I have applied for a Tier-2 General Visa, and I want to apply for my unmarried partner as my dependent. I've read the guidance and I understand that it is possible to get a dependent visa for unmarried partner. However, I was unable to find any list of documents which can be used to support such an application.

We've been in a live-in relationship for 3 1/2 years, and are getting married this winter. However, I'll be moving to UK this May, and getting her a visitor visa for 6 months doesn't justify, as she won't be able to study/work get NHS services etc.

I have evidence of our relationship in form of travel tickets, tenancy agreements, pictures, holidays' taken together, bank statements(not joint accounts) to the same address.

If anyone here could guide me on how to proceed further with the application, and what are the chances of the application being approved. Also I'm an Indian passport holder, whereas she is a Russian passport holder.

I hope someone here could give some insight.

Thanks

ns8008
Newly Registered
Russia

Re: TIER 2 Dependent Visa for Unmarried Partner

Post by ns8008 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:12 pm

Sorry, for posting again. Just wanted to add another evidence that we have.

Car Insurance papers where we both are the named drivers for the last 4 years. However, we sold the car last month, as I was moving out and came to India to apply for my tier 2 visa.

Thanks

GG_PM
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by GG_PM » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:17 pm

Hi there

I’m currently in the process of applying as a unmarried partner depedant myself, so can give some insight :) We’re working with a solicitor supplied by my partner’s sponsor and their guidance has been as follows to ensure there’s no question about your relationship:

- Have at least 10-20 supporting documents spread over the 2 years from at least 6-8 official sources. What they mean by this are any documents supplied by places like banks, utility providers, government departments (e.g. tax statments), hospitals/doctors
- Best types to use documents to use would be any joint agreements you might have (lease/rental agreements, investments, statements, property/vehicle purchase etc. )
- You can also use documents addressed to each of you individually that shows you were living together at the same place at the same time (for example, an electricity bill that’s addressed to you, and a phone/internet bill addressed to her)

You can send supplimentary evidence like pictures, emails, text messages, travel reciepts etc. but apparently these will not be sufficient as evidence on their own.

They also mentioned ensuring the documentation covers the 2 year span and suggested 1-2 documents per quarter.

Finally make sure you have evidence that your partner has enough funds to support herself. That’s at least £630 (I think?) in your bank account for at least 90 days before you apply. You can avoid this if your sponsor is a-rated and is willing to advise they will cover these funds for your dependent if needed.

Hope that helps and good luck!!

ns8008
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by ns8008 » Wed May 02, 2018 8:57 am

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Could you please tell me what documents are you submitting.

As we only have tenancy agreement for the last three years. Utiliy bills as understandable is not our name. In Russia, you don't have a billed phone line, so we didn't get any phone bills. I've a few letters from insurance companies and some bank correspondence addressed to me the rental place.

Also for the last one year, we bought an apartment and had been living there, so no tenancy agreement for the last 9 months. My fiancé is the owner of the property, and I've a few correspondence from post office addressed to me at the address.

Collecting 15-20 documents seems unrealistic. I was hoping joint tenancy agreement and a few bills should be enough.

Sigh :(

GG_PM
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by GG_PM » Tue May 22, 2018 6:40 am

ns8008 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 8:57 am

As we only have tenancy agreement for the last three years. Utiliy bills as understandable is not our name. In Russia, you don't have a billed phone line, so we didn't get any phone bills. I've a few letters from insurance companies and some bank correspondence addressed to me the rental place.

Also for the last one year, we bought an apartment and had been living there, so no tenancy agreement for the last 9 months. My fiancé is the owner of the property, and I've a few correspondence from post office addressed to me at the address.

Collecting 15-20 documents seems unrealistic. I was hoping joint tenancy agreement and a few bills should be enough.

Hi - I’m really sorry for the late response - I hope you got it all sorted but in case you’re still collating stuff, what we ended up submitting included things like:

- Joint bank account statement
- Joint Council tax bills
- Joint Lease agreements
- Individually addressed (i.e. just to me, or just to my partner) utilities bills that cover the same months showing we were there at the same time (and if not the same month, then 1 or 2 months apart)
- About 15 pictures that spanned the required 2 years with month/year and locations

IMO what you mentioned should be enough; our solicitor made us get all this (which was a real pain!!) to ensure we have a rock solid case but I’m sure people have supplied less and been OK. I would suggest supplimentary evidence like the pictures and affidavits from friends & family to help solidify your case if you think it’s needed :)

Best of luck!

Doraemon1987
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Doraemon1987 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:47 pm

GG_PM wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 6:40 am
ns8008 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 8:57 am

Hi - I’m really sorry for the late response - I hope you got it all sorted but in case you’re still collating stuff, what we ended up submitting included things like:

- Joint bank account statement
- Joint Council tax bills
- Joint Lease agreements
- Individually addressed (i.e. just to me, or just to my partner) utilities bills that cover the same months showing we were there at the same time (and if not the same month, then 1 or 2 months apart)
- About 15 pictures that spanned the required 2 years with month/year and locations

IMO what you mentioned should be enough; our solicitor made us get all this (which was a real pain!!) to ensure we have a rock solid case but I’m sure people have supplied less and been OK. I would suggest supplimentary evidence like the pictures and affidavits from friends & family to help solidify your case if you think it’s needed :)

Best of luck!

Hello!

I just want to get an update regarding your application for unmarried visa. How was it? Because like you, my partner will join me in his visa application. Please reply.

Thank you.

rnurseako
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by rnurseako » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:43 pm

Hi Everyone,

I just want to have an update about your unmarried partners' visa application as you dependents. Were your applications approved? My boyfriend and I has been together for more than 6 years and I am planning to have him as my dependent. I just want to know the chances of dependent visa approval under a tier 2 category. Your response is highly appreciate! 😊