ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependent visa (married)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bganuk

Tier 2 dependent visa (married)

Post by bganuk » Thu May 23, 2019 5:28 pm

Hi there,

I'm a bit confused about which documents I should provide to grant a tier 2 dependent visa for my wife and children. As I could see

But I could see many topics on this forum and also on google that sometimes is necessary and important to provide more documents, like whatsapp, facebook, emails, account banks statements in both names, etc.

bganuk

Re: Tier 2 dependent visa (married)

Post by bganuk » Thu May 23, 2019 5:34 pm

I posted the topic without finishing writing....

Hello,

I'm a bit confused about which documents I must provide to grant a Tier 2 Dependent Visa for my wife and children. As I could see on google, the documentation below is mandatory:

- Appointment sheet. Proving the applicant has appointed a visa interview.
- Passport. Valid for 6 months beyond the planned stay, with at least one blank page in order to be able to affix visa
- Application form.
- One UK visa photo in color. 45mm high by 35mm wide, taken within the last month and printed to a professional standard.
- Original birth certificate or marriage certificate. It must show dependent’s relationship to principal Tier 2 work visa holder.
- Previous passports. In order to show your previous travel history. If you have more than one, do not staple them. Instead, just tie them with a rubber band.
- Official translations of every document that is not in English
- Manteinance funds

But I could see many topics in this forum and also in google that it is sometimes necessary and important to provide more documents like whatsapp printscreens, facebook printscreens, emails, bank accounts statements in both names, etc. Is it really mandatory or good to have?

Thanks!

bganuk

Re: Tier 2 dependent visa (married)

Post by bganuk » Thu May 23, 2019 5:55 pm

One more important thing...

We have been married since December 2017, but we have lived together since 2012. We have two children, being that the oldest was born in 2014 and the youngest was born in 2017. I thought only the marriage certificate would be enough to prove the relationship. Is it enough or I should provide additional documents to prove?