ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependent visa, payment issue with main applicant has ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nickmpco

Tier 2 dependent visa, payment issue with main applicant has ILR

Post by nickmpco » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:17 pm

Hi All,

Not sure which subforum that this belongs on (sorry if I've got it wrong). I've applied for ILR SET(O) based on 5 years on a Tier 2 visa. My wife is applying to extend her tier 2 visa (PBS dependent application) as she is not currently eligible to settle.

As part of her application, we were sent to pay the immigration health surcharge. The IHS website only asks questions about my current visa (which expires in a week) and they charged us only £200. We owe them another £1000. There was no option of anything different. We put this on the cover letter, and an immigration adviser will try to contact them for us on our behalf.

Can I ask what usually happens in these cases? Will they just contact us to pay the additional £1000? Or should we be worried that this is grounds for refusal as we didn't pay enough?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 dependent visa, payment issue with main applicant has ILR

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:25 pm

HO will likely write to you by email with a link to pay the difference.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nickmpco

Post by nickmpco » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:51 pm

Thank you very much. Does this happen often? I can't seem to find similar posts, but I couldn't see any way of paying the proper amount.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:04 pm

Most PBS Dependents apply for an extension after the main migrant has been granted ILR, so no it does not happen often on PBS route.

You could have simply put a date 3 years in the future for the correct IHS though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.