ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependent visa. What to do?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JordanToll
Newly Registered
Germany

Tier 2 dependent visa. What to do?

Post by JordanToll » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:36 am

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are well. I am a partner of an ILR holder who has been on a dependent visa (Tier 2) for a while as I am deliberating as to whether I should go for an ILR like my partner as well due to job opportunities in both the UK and Germany. My dependent visa is running out soon (this month) and I am thinking of returning to Germany for a new job but it wouldn't start until March next year and I am hoping to stay for just a few more months here in the UK to sort out a few things first and I am just wondering if anyone has any idea/suggestion as to which visa/route can I undertake? I do not wish to extend my current dependent visa because I believe I will have to pay an insane amount of fees for 3 additional years just for the few more months of stay here and so any kind advice/suggestion will be greatly appreciated! Thanks all! :)