ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Extention Duration

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Waseem432000
Mood:

Tier 2 Extention Duration

Post by Waseem432000 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:46 pm

Hi everyone

I am due an extension on my Tier-2 visa in July this year and I was a bit confused regarding the length of the new COS and visa end date on the application.

1. If my employer issues me a COS for another 3 years but I enter my visa end date on the application of 2 and half year(that's the date my wife completes her 5 years on a dependent visa), will I be charged IHS for all three years or will that be calculated based on visa end date I will enter on the extension application?
2. One of my colleagues told me that he applied for his extension along with his dependents and enter the visa end date of 2 years and 4 months to ensure his dependents complete their five years but he was only granted a visa extension for 2 years for himself and his dependents even tough IHS was charged for all 3 years and he was told to apply for a refund when he applied for his ILR which doesn't seem right.

Waseem432000
Mood:

Re: Tier 2 Extention Duration

Post by Waseem432000 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:20 pm

Any opinion/UKVI link on this one?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:46 pm

1. IHS is payable and visa greanted for the length of the cos. You cannot choose what length you want that is different to the cos.

2. Don't listen to other people. Follow the rules. If you wanted to save money, you should have asked for a shorter cos.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Waseem432000
Mood:

Post by Waseem432000 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:00 am

Thanks for the reply.
CR001 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:46 pm
1. IHS is payable and visa greanted for the length of the cos. You cannot choose what length you want that is different to the cos.

If my employer issues me COS for 2 and half years then me and my dependents will get the visa extension for 2 and half years which kind of solves my problem.

2. Don't listen to other people. Follow the rules. If you wanted to save money, you should have asked for a shorter cos.

I am actually going to use your suggestion and ask for a shorter COS. I can imagine 2 years COS won’t be ideal as that will leave my spouse 6 months short of ILR which means she will need to get another visa extension for 3 years along with IHS.

Thanks again for your help.

Waseem432000
Mood:

Post by Waseem432000 » Sat May 01, 2021 9:42 am

Sorry to add another question to this thread.

I requested our HR to issue me COS for 2 years and 7 months so my spouse will also be qualified for ILR instead of getting another visa of 3 years but according to them, they can either issue COS for 2 years or three years and they don’t want issue COS for 3 years as that will cost them an extra £1000. Can someone plz confirm if they can only issue COS for full years or they can also issue COS for months as well? I tried looking into UKVI guidelines but can’t seem to find anything.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 01, 2021 9:53 am

A cos can be issued for any length of time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Waseem432000
Mood:

Post by Waseem432000 » Tue May 04, 2021 10:59 pm

Thanks again.

I ended up requesting two years COS so I plan to apply for my ILR when I qualify and also get another 3 years extension for my spouse even tough she will be 7 months short.

I also plan to apply for my baby daughter’s dependent visa with our application but I haven’t got her Pakistani passport yet. Pakistan consulate, like everyone else, was closed for lockdown and we first had to apply for her CNIC which is a required document for passport. I do plan to apply on priority service for her passport as soon we receive her CNIC and also can book her passport appointment but is her passport s required document to apply for her visa and should we wait for that before we apply or can we apply her dependent visa without her passport?