ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General - Dependant Visa Application - Problem with Immigration to countries other than UK Question

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

GeneralDependant
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 General - Dependant Visa Application - Problem with Immigration to countries other than UK Question

Post by GeneralDependant » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:15 pm

Hi Moderator/All, I am applying as a Tier 2 Dependant under Tier 2 General category.

There is a question in the application -

Problem with Immigration to countries other than UK :
Have you ever been :
1, refused a visa for any other country other than the UK.
2.other options.

I had a H1B visa refusal in Jan 2001, 17 years ago. Should i mention this in the application.

Appreciate a correct guidance by anyone who had a similar scenario. Please help.

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Re: Tier 2 General - Dependant Visa Application - Problem with Immigration to countries other than UK Question

Post by rubyracer2 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:30 pm

IIRC that question says "refused a visa in the last 10 years...".

So you don't have to mention your refusal as it was more than 10 years ago

GeneralDependant
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 2 General - Dependant Visa Application - Problem with Immigration to countries other than UK Question

Post by GeneralDependant » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:36 pm

Hi, thanks for your prompt response. There is no such guidance on the Application form. So i am not sure. Is there any UK HMRC guidance link that can help me please. Also, what is IIRC. Sorry.

Problems with immigration to countries other than the UK

Have you ever been:
refused a visa for any country other than the UK
deported from any country other than the UK
removed from any country other than the UK
required to leave any country other than the UK
refused entry at the border of any country other than the UK
(Required)
Give details of any time you were refused a visa or had to leave a country (other than the UK) for any reason.

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Post by rubyracer2 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:15 am

IIRC means "If I recall correctly"

The question I referred to exists on the visa4u dependent application form.

If they don't have a qualifier of 10 years, then you should declare the refusal and explain the cirumstances of the refusal. I don't think it would be an issue since it was 18 years ago

GeneralDependant
Newly Registered
India

Post by GeneralDependant » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:58 am

rubyracer2 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:15 am
IIRC means "If I recall correctly"

The question I referred to exists on the visa4u dependent application form.

If they don't have a qualifier of 10 years, then you should declare the refusal and explain the cirumstances of the refusal. I don't think it would be an issue since it was 18 years ago
Thanks @rubyracer2. I have now added the refusal entry. There were no reasons given.

GeneralDependant
Newly Registered
India

Post by GeneralDependant » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:37 am

Dear all, GOT MY DEPENDANT Visa. The declaration of earlier refusal did not impact. So i guess better to be truthful.

LABEJGSLP
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

Post by LABEJGSLP » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:45 am

Hi,Congratulations for your dependant visa successful application. By the way I would like to ask how much the payment for applying tier 2 dependant visa? Waiting for your reply thank you so much :wink:

hassanejaz1
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by hassanejaz1 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:08 pm

GeneralDependant wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:37 am
Dear all, GOT MY DEPENDANT Visa. The declaration of earlier refusal did not impact. So i guess better to be truthful.
Congratulations. Could you share you timeline and list of documents that you provided please.
TIA!