ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Dependent - Query related to Child visa within UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

abhiasfriend
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Dependent - Query related to Child visa within UK

Post by abhiasfriend » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:39 am

Hi Team,

I have following two queries related to filling my daughter's dependent visa within UK:

My background:
1. Switched to Tier 2 general visa in Oct18 from Tier 2 dependent visa.
2. Wife is currently on tier 2 general and daughter is currently on tier 2 dependent visa on my wife.
3. Now I am filling my wife and daughter as tier 2 dependent on me.
4. We are based out of UK with Nationality as Indians

QUERIES:
Query 1: I am planning to switch my daughter as dependent on me. Her current passport is valid until 12 May 2019 (as it's her first passport, valid for 5 yrs passport). It's currently within 6 months of expiry.

Does Home Office requires passport to hold 6 months of minimum validity? Online application form is not stopping me from submission.

Qjery 2: In tier 2 dependent form, there is a question "If my daughter was ever dependent on me".

She was dependent on me until September 2015, as I was on tier 2 long term ICT. So answer to question is yes.

I am not clear on the context of the question. Do I need to provide any proof for that as well. Currently my daughter is dependent visa on my wife.

Regards. Thx.

abhiasfriend
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 General Dependent - Query related to Child visa within UK

Post by abhiasfriend » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:03 pm

Hi Admin,

Can you please help me with a reply on my query?.

Thanks..