ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer to Tier 2 General Dependent to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kishorekommula
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer to Tier 2 General Dependent to Tier 2 General

Post by kishorekommula » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:06 pm

Hi,
Currently I am on Tier 2 ICT visa and my wife is on Tier 2 ICT dependent visa. My wife has been working as contractor, my wife's company offered her Tier 2 general visa. We know that she can convert to Tier 2 general from Tier 2 ICT dependent .

I am thinking to convert as Tier 2 General dependent.

My question is whether I am eligible to convert to Tier 2 general (f some employer okay to sponsor me Tier 2 general) after 365 days of staying in UK as Tier 2 general dependent ?

I read 365 days of cooling off period is required for me (Since currently I am in Tier 2 ICT) before convert to Tier 2 General.

Cooling off period means - Do I need to spend 365 days outside of UK or cooling off to Tier 2 ICT ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kishor
Last edited by kishorekommula on Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 General Dependent to Tier 2 General

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:08 pm

You need 12 full months on a dependent visa before you can apply for Tier 2 general from home country.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cuckobirds
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer to Tier 2 General Dependent to Tier 2 General

Post by cuckobirds » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:15 pm

cooling off means , cooling off from Tier 2 ICT , you could stay in the country as a PBS dependant.