ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 general dependent visa extension - child

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Maddy87
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 general dependent visa extension - child

Post by Maddy87 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:11 pm

Hi,

Brief background:

My husband was on ICT tier 2 visa which had the validity till 3 dec 2019. I was also on dependent visa along with my child with same validity. I got the job in UK and company agreed to provide me the sponsorship. I and my kid applied for tier 2 general visa for three years. We paid IHS for all three years for both of us. I got the visa till 19 nov 2020 but my child visa was only till 3 dec 2019 same as my husband ICT validity. My husband switch to tier 2 general dependent visa six months after i i got my general visa having the same expiry of 19 nov 2020.

Now, mine and my husband general visa is expiring next year while my child visa is expiring this year in December. We are applying for my child one year extension so that we all three can apply for further three year extension next year. Few question regarding my child visa tier 2 general visa extension for one year

A) since we have already paid for IHS for three years for my child when applied for general dependent visa but he got the visa for two year only so do we need to pay the IHS again? Or can we quote the Old IHS number?

B) can we apply for his extension in sep? Incase if we apply in sep then what will be his start date of visa? Will it be immediately after when old visa expires or can be before that also?

C) our purpose here is to get his extension till next nov so that we all three have the same visa expiry date. could you please guide when should we apply for it and also could you send the link of the form which we should fill for it?

Many thanks for all help
Vanita

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 general dependent visa extension - child

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:18 pm

A) you have to pay again.

B) the start date of the visa will be from the date of approval. It does not simply continue from date of current visa expiry.

C) you can apply at any time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Maddy87
Newly Registered
India

Post by Maddy87 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:04 pm

Thanks for the quick response.

Please could you confirm if below is the right link to proceed with the application for extension of t2g dependent child visa
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... dant-child

Using above link I filled the form for my son and when I came to IHS payment page, I used the IHS reference number that I paid earlier 2 years back for his t2g dependent child up to 3 year visa application and it worked and proceeded to next stage.

So not sure what to do, actually we have already paid £600 for 3 years IHS when we applied for 3 years visa but unfortunately my son got the visa for 2 years. So was wondering it would be very expensive to pay IHS again. Also now IHS is £400 per year so not sure how much do we need to pay if its required to pay again.

Kind regards

katanayi
Mood:

Post by katanayi » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:51 pm

You need to pay new IHS.
It may be too late, but you can request partial refund for earlier visa IHS if you feel you child granted two years visa instead of three years.

Maddy87
Newly Registered
India

Post by Maddy87 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:25 pm

Thanks Katanayi,

Please can you share with me the required link for application of IHS refund?

Also, new IHS is saying to pay £600 again when I fill the form from the above link. Since our visa is till 2020 so surely my son would also get visa till 2020 but New IHS seems to be of 3 years again costing me £600.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:20 pm

IHS fee is £400 per year, so £600 is correct for 1 year plus part year.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Maddy87
Newly Registered
India

Post by Maddy87 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:46 pm

Hi,

My son T2G dependent visa is expiring in Dec 2019. Would you please tell me what is best time to apply for extension?

Maddy87
Newly Registered
India

Post by Maddy87 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:34 pm

Hi Team,

My son T2G dependent visa is expiring in Dec 2019. Would you please tell me what is best time to apply for extension?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:56 pm

Is your spouse also applying for a new visa, ICT or tier 2 dependent?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Maddy87
Newly Registered
India

Post by Maddy87 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:23 pm

No, my spouse and me are already in UK and our visa will expire in Dec 2020. So its just my kid’s whose visa is expiring 1 year earlier i.e. in Dec 2019.

Maddy87
Newly Registered
India

Post by Maddy87 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:40 am

No, my spouse and me are already in UK and our visa will expire in Dec 2020. So its just my kid’s whose visa is expiring 1 year earlier i.e. in Dec 2019.

Maddy87
Newly Registered
India

Post by Maddy87 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:02 pm

Hi CR001,

Please could you help me on my query.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:14 pm

You can apply at any time. Child will get a visa with the same expiry as parents.

If you apply more than a year before your visa expiry, you will end up paying more IHS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)