ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2(General) extension of leave to remain - delay in obtaining CoS from employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MERmum2017
Newly Registered

Tier 2(General) extension of leave to remain - delay in obtaining CoS from employer

Post by MERmum2017 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:41 pm

Hello all,

I’m currently in the UK on a Tier 2 general visa. My current job contract expires on 31st July but my visa is valid until 17th November. I have already secured another job starting from the 1st of August but I have not yet received a CoS from my employer. At the moment, all I know is they’ve got all the necessary details to make an application for CoS but I’m not sure when they’ll be able to provide me with one. I’ve tried several times in vain to contact my new sponsor but haven’t been able to get any replies.

I’m very concerned with the delay and would like to know what I should do if I don’t get a Cos before my current contract expires on 31st July. Am I allowed to stay until my visa expires even though my contract comes to an end before? Or does my visa expire automatically with my contract?

I also have an 8 month old baby (born in the UK) who I was hoping to add as a dependent to my new visa application but now I’m not sure where we stand.

I would be very grateful for any advice. Thank you in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2(General) extension of leave to remain - delay in obtaining CoS from employer

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:43 am

Nothing you need to do if you stop working. However your current sponsor will inform HO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MERmum2017
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2(General) extension of leave to remain - delay in obtaining CoS from employer

Post by MERmum2017 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:06 am

Thank you for the reply CR001.

- Does that mean the home office will curtail my visa to an earlier date when they get notified?

- If I don’t receive the new CoS before 31st July, can I still wait in the UK until my visa expires and make an extension application once I get the CoS?

Thank you for your time