ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General (Health and Care visa) Application Refused

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ash_1709
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 General (Health and Care visa) Application Refused

Post by Ash_1709 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:25 pm

Hi! My wife is currently on a Tier 4 General Visa.She got an offer from NHS and started her job.She made an application to switch from Tier 4 to Tier 2 General (Health and Care Visa). Her application has been refused. The rejection email says "During your Tier 2 application you were asked “Has your sponsor or employer confirmed you are eligible for the Health and Care visa?”, you selected “Yes”. However based on the information provided by you/your sponsor, you do not meet the criteria for a Health & Care Visa."

It was advised by her HR from NHS to apply for health and care visa and the Certificate of Sponsorship categorically states "To, confirm,the migrant will be employed by **** ******** NHS Trust and as such is eligible to apply for the health ans care visa"

I filled up my tier 2 application based on the information provided to me by the HR yet my application got refuse.I would highly appreciate if anyone could advice me regarding what best can be done in this situation.

Thanks in advance !

Ash

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 General (Health and Care visa) Application Refused

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:35 am

What is the SOC and job? Not all jobs qualify for this visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ash_1709
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ash_1709 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:23 am

Hi! SOC is 2135 and job is Senior Business Intelligence Analyst. I understand that not all Jobs in NHS are eligible for health and care visa. The HR specially mentioned in COS additional sponsor details "You will need to apply using the online Tier 2 (General) visa application form and will need to tick the box to confirm that you are applying for the Health and Care visa."
As mentioned in my previous message the COS also categorically states the applicant's eligibility for health and care visa.

Thanks !

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:27 am

You dont qualify for the health and care visa as you are not a medically qualified person. This is very clearly stated in the ukvi website.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-health-care-visa/eligibility

It is not about what you or the HR person says it simply working as any job in the NHS. it is only about who ukvi lists as qualified for this particular visa. 2135 is not one of them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ash_1709
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ash_1709 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:25 am

Thanks for your reply.

valmash
Newly Registered

Post by valmash » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:05 pm

Hello,
I am faced with similar situation but haven't made the application yet. I am a Health and Wellbeing Coach employed by the NHS and the NHS team for the home office also responded to my HR team saying i could apply for this type of visa. I am now reluctant to do this after this refusal. any chance you could help as my code is 2219 and am switching from Leave to remain 2.5yrs 10yr route. I really don't have money for the nhs surcharge.

Please help
CR001 wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:27 am
You dont qualify for the health and care visa as you are not a medically qualified person. This is very clearly stated in the ukvi website.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-health-care-visa/eligibility

It is not about what you or the HR person says it simply working as any job in the NHS. it is only about who ukvi lists as qualified for this particular visa. 2135 is not one of them.