Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (General, new hires) Priority delays.

Only for UK Tier 2 (Employer Sponsored) points system Tier 2

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ezeagozie
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:29 pm

Tier 2 (General, new hires) Priority delays.

Post by Ezeagozie » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:24 am

Good day all.
I applied for tier 2 (General) visa along with my dependant(wife) with priority service from home country(Lagos, Nigeria).
Biometrics was on 24th May 2018, I called and emailed UKVI to find out decision has been made around 30th May, no emails received. Passport not yet returned.

Please any suggestions on what to do?

Has anyone passed through this delay after paying for priority service?

msjiao
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:02 pm
China

Re: Tier 2 (General, new hires) Priority delays.

Post by msjiao » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:54 am

My last application to Tier 2 General with Priority Service delayed, passport returned 4 weeks after biometrics. The decision was made within a week. I have no idea about why it took so much time to return the passport.

I am wondering if the Priority Service really helps to speed up the processing.

Ezeagozie
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:29 pm

Re: Tier 2 (General, new hires) Priority delays.

Post by Ezeagozie » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:47 am

msjiao wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:54 am
My last application to Tier 2 General with Priority Service delayed, passport returned 4 weeks after biometrics. The decision was made within a week. I have no idea about why it took so much time to return the passport.

I am wondering if the Priority Service really helps to speed up the processing.
Thank you for responding. Please did you have to do anything like calling or emailing them before your passport was returned?

msjiao
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:02 pm
China

Re: Tier 2 (General, new hires) Priority delays.

Post by msjiao » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:05 pm

I sent an email (from here) to query the status of my application, and they replied the decision was made; after a week, the passport still didn't return. So I sent another email, and they replied the same thing ignoring all my other questions about my passport.

Then I went to the visa application center and they told me that I could complain about their service (from here), I didn't complain but asked the staff at the application center to track my passport and let me know the result.

I don't know what's the best practice to handle this, but I am really upset about the fact they don't treat priority application as priority. Maybe they just mean "the decision will be made sooner" instead of "the passport will be returned sooner". For the applicants, we need both are processed sooner, otherwise, it's meaningless.

Ezeagozie
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:29 pm

Re: Tier 2 (General, new hires) Priority delays.

Post by Ezeagozie » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:34 pm

msjiao wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:05 pm
I sent an email (from here) to query the status of my application, and they replied the decision was made; after a week, the passport still didn't return. So I sent another email, and they replied the same thing ignoring all my other questions about my passport.

Then I went to the visa application center and they told me that I could complain about their service (from here), I didn't complain but asked the staff at the application center to track my passport and let me know the result.

I don't know what's the best practice to handle this, but I am really upset about the fact they don't treat priority application as priority. Maybe they just mean "the decision will be made sooner" instead of "the passport will be returned sooner". For the applicants, we need both are processed sooner, otherwise, it's meaningless.
I agree with you. Priority to UKVI means a decision will be taken soon, I guess it does not include time for passport return. Thank you for sharing your experience, it is really upsetting to wait for passport to be returned after decision has been made weeks ago.

Ezeagozie
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:29 pm

Re: Tier 2 (General, new hires) Priority delays.

Post by Ezeagozie » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:03 am

Hello friends, Is there anyone who is also facing delays on priority service for tier 2 visas?

korektur
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:26 pm
Russia

Re: Tier 2 (General, new hires) Priority delays.

Post by korektur » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:28 pm

Ezeagozie wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:03 am
Hello friends, Is there anyone who is also facing delays on priority service for tier 2 visas?
Hi, I applied on 12th of June in Germany with Priority Service and still waiting for decision. It was 8 working days now.

Ezeagozie
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:29 pm

Re: Tier 2 (General, new hires) Priority delays.

Post by Ezeagozie » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:04 pm

korektur wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:28 pm
Ezeagozie wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:03 am
Hello friends, Is there anyone who is also facing delays on priority service for tier 2 visas?
Hi, I applied on 12th of June in Germany with Priority Service and still waiting for decision. It was 8 working days now.
Really sad and upsetting. I hope the delays are sorted out soon. 20 working days for me now.

Ezeagozie
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:29 pm

Re: Tier 2 (General, new hires) Priority delays.

Post by Ezeagozie » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:54 pm

I finally recieved the visas today( main yesterday, dependant today) after 5 working WEEKS since biometrics. Good luck everyone. :D

mkhamis
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:58 pm
Germany

Re: Tier 2 (General, new hires) Priority delays.

Post by mkhamis » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:41 am

korektur wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:28 pm
Ezeagozie wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:03 am
Hello friends, Is there anyone who is also facing delays on priority service for tier 2 visas?
Hi, I applied on 12th of June in Germany with Priority Service and still waiting for decision. It was 8 working days now.
Hi, I also applied for the Tier 2 priority visa from TLS contact in Munich, Germany 4 working weeks ago. I submitted my application on 27.07, and had my biometrics collected on 30.07.

When did you eventually get your visa?

advent26
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:38 am
India

Re: Tier 2 (General, new hires) Priority delays.

Post by advent26 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:58 am

Guys, is the priority service delay happening in India as well ? If there is a delay in visa process, does it mean to entire world or specific country ? I have applied through vfs in priority services and waiting to hear back from them

iAmATeaPot
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:19 pm
Mood:
Germany

Re: Tier 2 (General, new hires) Priority delays.

Post by iAmATeaPot » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:07 am

I have applied via TLS in Paris for a T2 Priority on 30th July.

After several calls to the UKVI helpline they informed me that the decision was made on 2nd Aug and the escalated my case on 16th Aug and then again on 23rd Aug.

Then they informed me that the escalation might take upto another 15 working days to get a response.

No communication from anyone since the last email that says "your application is being prepared to be assessed by entry clearance office"

Lets hope we get our passports soon and it will put an end to this limbo.

BTW, is anyone aware of this email id: VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Can we send queries here regarding passport return for applications made outside UK?

Thanks

mkptier2
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:44 pm
India

Re: Tier 2 (General, new hires) Priority delays.

Post by mkptier2 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:12 am

advent26 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:58 am
Guys, is the priority service delay happening in India as well ? If there is a delay in visa process, does it mean to entire world or specific country ? I have applied through vfs in priority services and waiting to hear back from them
Hi when did you applied for visa. I also applied for priority visa on 20 Aug along with my friend.. my friend received email that the visa is processed... but I didn’t received any email

advent26
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:38 am
India

Re: Tier 2 (General, new hires) Priority delays.

Post by advent26 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:11 am

mkptier2 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:12 am
advent26 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:58 am
Guys, is the priority service delay happening in India as well ? If there is a delay in visa process, does it mean to entire world or specific country ? I have applied through vfs in priority services and waiting to hear back from them
Hi when did you applied for visa. I also applied for priority visa on 20 Aug along with my friend.. my friend received email that the visa is processed... but I didn’t received any email
Hi, i have applied on 27th August. I need to plan accordingly. So when did your friend got the email ? on 8th working day ? So do we get an email if a decision is made ?

mkptier2
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:44 pm
India

Re: Tier 2 (General, new hires) Priority delays.

Post by mkptier2 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:19 am

Yes he got the visa today but mine is still waiting for email... we applied for visa on the same day... 😥
We can check the decision on passport only

advent26
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:38 am
India

Re: Tier 2 (General, new hires) Priority delays.

Post by advent26 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:34 am

mkptier2 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:19 am
Yes he got the visa today but mine is still waiting for email... we applied for visa on the same day... 😥
We can check the decision on passport only
You may check with their helpline number as 5 working days have past or They might update you in a while since it is the same day when your friend got email on the decision. Do let us know in case you get it

Britishhope
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:22 am
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 2 (General, new hires) Priority delays.

Post by Britishhope » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:45 am

advent26 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:58 am
Guys, is the priority service delay happening in India as well ? If there is a delay in visa process, does it mean to entire world or specific country ? I have applied through vfs in priority services and waiting to hear back from them
I believe there is a delay. I submitted documents on August 10th in priority service in chennai. Decision taken on 28th August only and still didn't get any mails.
Please comment if anyone facing similar issues applying from India

Aravxr
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:45 pm
Mood:

Re: Tier 2 (General, new hires) Priority delays.

Post by Aravxr » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:41 am

We applied our T2 General in Chennai VFS for a priority processing. I applied for a dependant visa with my wife as main applicant because I am currently in T2 ICT cool off period. My wife received SMS day before yesterday that a decision has been made and the passport can be collected at the VAC. We collected it yesterday and the visa was granted.

Submission date - 20 Aug
VFS SMS - 21 Aug (that the application is with ECO)

Main applicant SMS received - 28 Aug
Main applicant PP collection - 29 Aug

I'm still waiting to receive updates from UKVI or VFS on my application. Priority takes 5 days and today is my 7th day waiting for a decision.

Fingers crossed!!

Britishhope
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:22 am
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 2 (General, new hires) Priority delays.

Post by Britishhope » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:11 am

Aravxr wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:41 am
We applied our T2 General in Chennai VFS for a priority processing. I applied for a dependant visa with my wife as main applicant because I am currently in T2 ICT cool off period. My wife received SMS day before yesterday that a decision has been made and the passport can be collected at the VAC. We collected it yesterday and the visa was granted.

Submission date - 20 Aug
VFS SMS - 21 Aug (that the application is with ECO)

Main applicant SMS received - 28 Aug
Main applicant PP collection - 29 Aug

I'm still waiting to receive updates from UKVI or VFS on my application. Priority takes 5 days and today is my 7th day waiting for a decision.

Fingers crossed!!
Thanks for posting. Hope there is a delay for my application only. I need to wait and see whats the result

mkptier2
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:44 pm
India

Re: Tier 2 (General, new hires) Priority delays.

Post by mkptier2 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:58 pm

The delay is for my application also... my friend got visa within 4 working days despite we both applied on same day.. today is 9 working day for me... called to UKVI it’s under review... no specific timeline... no use of applying on priority. We applied from Mumbai

Post Reply