ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Sponsorship- Already Working in UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aspirant910

Tier 2 General Sponsorship- Already Working in UK

Post by aspirant910 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:22 am

Hello, My spouse is looking from Tier 2 ICT Dependent to Tier 2 General visa change. She is working for an employer as software testing in UK however, the employer does not have licenses for sponsorship.
How difficult will be for her to get sponsorship in UK ? Her ICT Tier 2 Visa expires June 2019.

Thanks

Casa

Re: Tier 2 General Sponsorship- Already Working in UK

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:32 am

aspirant910 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:22 am
Hello, My spouse is looking from Tier 2 ICT Dependent to Tier 2 General visa change. She is working for an employer as software testing in UK however, the employer does not have licenses for sponsorship.
How difficult will be for her to get sponsorship in UK ? Her ICT Tier 2 Visa expires June 2019.

Thanks
Your spouse can only apply for a Tier 2 General visa from outside of the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

aspirant910

Post by aspirant910 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:39 am

Thanks, Is there any difference in getting sponsorship while you are in UK as compared to outside.
Does she needs restricted COS ?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:55 am

aspirant910 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:39 am
Thanks, Is there any difference in getting sponsorship while you are in UK as compared to outside.
Does she needs restricted COS ?
My understanding is that when applying from outside of the UK your wife will need a RCOS if she will be earning less than £159,600 p.a.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-visa-sponsorship- ... rtificates
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.