ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Visa Documents Needed

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

susmita09
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Visa Documents Needed

Post by susmita09 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:19 pm

Hi All,

I am currently working in UK as PBS Dependent. My Organization is an A Rated Sponsor and they have acquired a Certificate of Sponsorship under Shortage Of Occupation for me.

This query is regarding documents I should provide while applying for Visa from my Home Country -

A. COS
B. TB Certificate - Is this needed , As i have been in UK for past 3 years.
C. Salary Certificate & Salary Slips past 12 months.
D. Current Employer Contract - I have been working with my current Employer since 2016 and my contract is dated 1st August 2016, but on CoS my work start date is mentioned as 20th March 2018. Do I need a new contract or Old one works.
E. UKNARIC Certificate for English Language. [Visa]

Are these documents good enough or any other documents are required.

susmita09
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 General Visa Documents Needed

Post by susmita09 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:55 am

Any help here would be great.

susmita09
Newly Registered

Post by susmita09 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:07 pm

Admins please any help on the contract bit would be really helpful.

susmita09
Newly Registered

Post by susmita09 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:19 pm

Any update on the topic.

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Post by Sv2018 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:00 pm

susmita09 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:19 pm
Hi All,

I am currently working in UK as PBS Dependent. My Organization is an A Rated Sponsor and they have acquired a Certificate of Sponsorship under Shortage Of Occupation for me.

This query is regarding documents I should provide while applying for Visa from my Home Country -

A. COS
B. TB Certificate - Is this needed , As i have been in UK for past 3 years.
C. Salary Certificate & Salary Slips past 12 months.
D. Current Employer Contract - I have been working with my current Employer since 2016 and my contract is dated 1st August 2016, but on CoS my work start date is mentioned as 20th March 2018. Do I need a new contract or Old one works.
E. UKNARIC Certificate for English Language. [Visa]

Are these documents good enough or any other documents are required.
I am also wondering what is the complete requirement.
Especially on the employement contract part as working in the continuous employment and for Tier 2 G, as new hire.

Are you attaching salary slips abd authentication letter? That's is required for Tier 2 ICT I believe not for Tier 2 G?

thisB
Canada

Post by thisB » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:34 pm

From what I can tell so far, this is what you need:

- A current Passport
- Must have a blank page on the passport
- A coloured passport size photograph.
- Complete Visa application form
For this you need
- At least 5 years of travel records
- At least 5 years of living records
- 10 years of passports, number and possession status
- Parental birth information
- UK address
- Previous National Insurance number
- Bank statement showing that you have appropriate funds in your account and must be 90 days old in the account. Or sponsor can give a letter/certificate that they are ready to support and accommodate the employee for first month. Also make sure that Pounds are at the currency exchange.
- Must meet the English Language ability (country or test)
- Tuberculosis test depending on country
- Criminal Record check if working with vulnerable people (will say on SOC)

You'll need to apply online and pay the visa fee and healthcare surcharge before you can make an appointment to go for your biometrics.

I might be missing something, but this should give you a good start.

susmita09
Newly Registered

Post by susmita09 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:04 am

thisB wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:34 pm

- A current Passport
For this you need
- UK address
- Bank statement showing that you have appropriate funds in your account and must be 90 days old in the account. Or sponsor can give a letter/certificate that they are ready to support and accommodate the employee for first month. Also make sure that Pounds are at the currency exchange.

You'll need to apply online and pay the visa fee and healthcare surcharge before you can make an appointment to go for your biometrics.

Thanks a lot for the information. I have everything mentioned above apart from the TB test as i am still in UK would get one done when i reach my home country. I was just worried about the contract bit as COS says new joiner where as I am an existing employee which the organizations is sponsoring [We had mentioned this while applying for COS as well as when my organization applied for Tier 2 Sponsorship Licence]. Owing to which I am going to attach my last 12 Months Salary Slips, Salary Certificate and Old Contract. Just wanted to understand do I need to ask my Organization to give me a new Contract with new Start Date.

thisB
Canada

Post by thisB » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:18 am

susmita09 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:04 am
thisB wrote:

- A current Passport
For this you need
- UK address

Thanks a lot for the information. I have everything mentioned above apart from the TB test as i am still in UK would get one done when i reach my home country. I was just worried about the contract bit as COS says new joiner where as I am an existing employee which the organizations is sponsoring [We had mentioned this while applying for COS as well as when my organization applied for Tier 2 Sponsorship Licence]. Owing to which I am going to attach my last 12 Months Salary Slips, Salary Certificate and Old Contract. Just wanted to understand do I need to ask my Organization to give me a new Contract with new Start Date.
I may be wrong, but this should all be covered under the Restricted Certificate application, all the information they get on your role is attached to your RCoS number. Again, not an expert but I think that's the whole point of getting the certificate.

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Post by Sv2018 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:54 am

susmita09 wrote:
thisB wrote:

- A current Passport
For this you need
- UK address

I am sailing in the same boat. BIG CONFUSED. Old contract or new contract or the link ????

Wonder how all previous applicant similar to our case had applied and I believe pbs dependent to Tier 2 G switch is the most common switch/change. So expecting inputs from members encountered this situation before.

As far as I know for RCOS application, no applicant details are provided only job function, SOC code, RLMT details, work start/end date, salary etc. (Job specific) Are provided.So what had you mentioned during your RCOS application?
Since CoS says new hires which is based on RLMT so why are salary slips etc. Based on your dependent visa required?

susmita09
Newly Registered

Post by susmita09 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:35 pm

thisB wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:18 am
susmita09 wrote:
thisB wrote:

- A current Passport
For this you need
- UK address

I may be wrong, but this should all be covered under the Restricted Certificate application, all the information they get on your role is attached to your RCoS number. Again, not an expert but I think that's the whole point of getting the certificate.
Yes the details of me being an existing employee is covered as a part of COS application process but actual COS certificate does not show the information we filled while application it just shows Roles and Responsibilities and Start Date. and the COS is titled Tier 2 (General - New hires - restricted) hence the query.

thisB
Canada

Post by thisB » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:38 pm

susmita09 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:35 pm
thisB wrote:
susmita09 wrote:
thisB wrote:

- A current Passport
For this you need
- UK address

Yes the details of me being an existing employee is covered as a part of COS application process but actual COS certificate does not show the information we filled while application it just shows Roles and Responsibilities and Start Date. and the COS is titled Tier 2 (General - New hires - restricted) hence the query.
What I mean is I think all this information is attached to the RCoS, so I don't understand why you would need to send pay stubs, contracts etc. when these have already been sent.

susmita09
Newly Registered

Post by susmita09 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:52 pm

Sv2018 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:54 am
susmita09 wrote:
thisB wrote:

- A current Passport
For this you need
- UK address

I am sailing in the same boat. BIG CONFUSED. Old contract or new contract or the link ????

Wonder how all previous applicant similar to our case had applied and I believe pbs dependent to Tier 2 G switch is the most common switch/change. So expecting inputs from members encountered this situation before.

As far as I know for RCOS application, no applicant details are provided only job function, SOC code, RLMT details, work start/end date, salary etc. (Job specific) Are provided.So what had you mentioned during your RCOS application?
Since CoS says new hires which is based on RLMT so why are salary slips etc. Based on your dependent visa required?

--> The RCOS application as well as the Application made by my Organization for Sponsorship Licence had sections where we had justified that both Licence and COS are being applied for an existing employee. My name and other details were also mentioned as a part of this application.

--> These are not mandatory documents, I am just providing these to verify m an exisisting employee as the contract is dated 1st August 2016. Also I was promoted in Jan 2017 owing to which the compensation is also revised for me, for which I am attaching compensation revision letter.

susmita09
Newly Registered

Post by susmita09 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:55 pm

thisB wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:38 pm
susmita09 wrote:
thisB wrote:
susmita09 wrote:

What I mean is I think all this information is attached to the RCoS, so I don't understand why you would need to send pay stubs, contracts etc. when these have already been sent.
Yes that makes sense. Thats my assumption as well, started this thread as this is one of the common route hence people might have done and it would confirm the premise.

balu04vn
Mood:
India

Post by balu04vn » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:09 pm

susmita09 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:55 pm
thisB wrote:
susmita09 wrote:
thisB wrote:

Yes that makes sense. Thats my assumption as well, started this thread as this is one of the common route hence people might have done and it would confirm the premise.
NARIC cetificate is required even my B.tech certificate is in English?

susmita09
Newly Registered

Post by susmita09 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:57 pm

balu04vn wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:09 pm
susmita09 wrote:
thisB wrote:
susmita09 wrote:

Either NARIC Certificate or ILETS or equivalent exams is needed.

balu04vn
Mood:
India

Post by balu04vn » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:44 pm

susmita09 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:57 pm
balu04vn wrote:
susmita09 wrote:
thisB wrote:

I hope my B.Tech certificate will work then?

susmita09
Newly Registered

Post by susmita09 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:09 am

balu04vn wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:44 pm
susmita09 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:57 pm
balu04vn wrote:
susmita09 wrote:

I hope my B.Tech certificate will work then?
No it wont work. Unless you did Btech in UK. Refer the below link -

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/knowledge-of-english

"You may need to prove your knowledge of the English language when you apply.

You can prove your knowledge of English by either:

passing an approved English language test with at least CEFR level B1 in reading, writing, speaking and listening
having an academic qualification that was taught in English and is recognised by UK NARIC as being equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD"

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Post by Sv2018 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:27 pm

susmita09 wrote:
thisB wrote:
susmita09 wrote:
thisB wrote:

If you are attaching a new contract, ideally you should resign to get one , as just for the sake of the visa application, company won't start all over again. Have you resigned for rejoining as per your COS work start date?

So in a clear and concise way and to make it simpler, documents required are:
1) COS- it signifies bAsed on RLMT no suitable settled worker found and hence the job is offered to the migrant so it works as an approved job offer
2) Evidence of English: NARIC certificate/Eng language test, Degree Certificate
3) Maintenance: letter from sponsor if certified in the cos/ letter from bank or statements showing sufficient fund for last 90 days
4) TB screening Test
4) Visa application form
5) 2 Passports photos as per UK req
6) Criminal Certificate if falling under prescribed SOC code
7) Passport with blank pages on both sides

Did I miss anything folks???

susmita09
Newly Registered

Post by susmita09 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:26 am

Sv2018 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:27 pm
susmita09 wrote:
thisB wrote:
susmita09 wrote:

If you are attaching a new contract, ideally you should resign to get one , as just for the sake of the visa application, company won't start all over again. Have you resigned for rejoining as per your COS work start date?

So in a clear and concise way and to make it simpler, documents required are:
1) COS- it signifies bAsed on RLMT no suitable settled worker found and hence the job is offered to the migrant so it works as an approved job offer
2) Evidence of English: NARIC certificate/Eng language test, Degree Certificate
3) Maintenance: letter from sponsor if certified in the cos/ letter from bank or statements showing sufficient fund for last 90 days
4) TB screening Test
4) Visa application form
5) 2 Passports photos as per UK req
6) Criminal Certificate if falling under prescribed SOC code
7) Passport with blank pages on both sides

Did I miss anything folks???

--> This is the exact question i have been asking. As there is no COS category such as Tier 2 - General -Existing Hire, the COS says new hire. But in the RCOS application as well when we applied to Tier 2 Sponsorship Licence we had specifically mentioned the its for Existing employee. In this case do i need to show any records for my employment ? I am not attaching a new contract if at all I am going to attach the Old one from 1st August 2016 with Salary Slips.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:40 am

susmita09 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:26 am
--> This is the exact question i have been asking. As there is no COS category such as Tier 2 - General -Existing Hire, the COS says new hire. But in the RCOS application as well when we applied to Tier 2 Sponsorship Licence we had specifically mentioned the its for Existing employee. In this case do i need to show any records for my employment ? I am not attaching a new contract if at all I am going to attach the Old one from 1st August 2016 with Salary Slips.
You are confusing things. You are NEW HIRE if you are applying for a tier 2 visa outside the UK and you currently hold a PBS dependent visa.

The new hire DOES NOT refer to your JOB but to the CoS and Tier 2 visa application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Post by Sv2018 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:13 pm

So in this case CR001 do you mean, COS is only required for the application.

So We don't need any explanation or support letter from the sponsor to prove the applicant is an existing employer. How mever, a RLMT was conducted as per HO guidance where no suitable settled worker was found. Hence offering regularise the her by providing sponsorship as she is the most suitable candidate available????

What's your thoughts CR001??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:37 am

Sv2018 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:13 pm
So in this case CR001 do you mean, COS is only required for the application.

So We don't need any explanation or support letter from the sponsor to prove the applicant is an existing employer. How mever, a RLMT was conducted as per HO guidance where no suitable settled worker was found. Hence offering regularise the her by providing sponsorship as she is the most suitable candidate available????

What's your thoughts CR001??
Kindly keep your questions in your own topic.

A PBS Dependent is free to work. If they choose to apply for Tier 2 General main visa, then all the requirements must be met as if they are a new employee.

Many have been granted visas even though they worked for the sponsor on a dependent visa. Many have also been refused due to being 'pre-selected'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Post by Sv2018 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:41 pm

Apologies if I do so.

However, this a burning question I have following since almost 1 month but have not got any concrete answer from anyone who have actually faced this situation.

I appreciate the efforts put by you and other board members in answering my queries
Thanks a lot.

susmita09
Newly Registered

Post by susmita09 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:30 pm

Hi CR001 thanks a lot for your help so far it makes sense to me how things work and i would be providing information accordingly.
I am in my last stages and started on my application there are a few last doubts i had if you can clarify those it would be great -

A. Site to apply from, I have found below two sites & am unsure which application form i should fill -
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... type/tier2
or
https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome

As I am applying from outside UK i believe it should be Vsa4uk site.

B. Within Visa4uk site there are two different froms for tier 2 General visa -
1. Tier 2 Visa General
2. Tier 2 Visa General [Shortage of Occupation].

Since my job is listed on shortage of occupation list & COS is assigned against it should i user Tier 2 General [SOC]. I am confused as this option is not on gov.uk site at all.

C. Last question is around the application form itself. In all application forms i have to provide information of my stay in UK in last 10 years. In the form i cant put future date as i am currently still in UK and filling the form during this time.For example, If i am filling the form on 11th march to booking a Visa appointment for 20th march. If i then travel to my home country on 18th of March, the immigration stamp on my passport would show 18th March but in the application form i cant put a future date so the max date i can put is 11th March. Is there a way around this ?

Regards,
Susmita

susmita09
Newly Registered

Post by susmita09 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:17 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:40 am
susmita09 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:26 am
You are confusing things. You are NEW HIRE if you are applying for a tier 2 visa outside the UK and you currently hold a PBS dependent visa.

The new hire DOES NOT refer to your JOB but to the CoS and Tier 2 visa application.
Thanks a lot for the response it makes sense, if you can help me with the above questions as well it would be great.