ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General vs Tier 2 ICT Compulsion?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

baigan
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 General vs Tier 2 ICT Compulsion?

Post by baigan » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:25 pm

I tried searching the forum and couldn't find anything on this. So, here's my question, if anyone can help with it:

My current employer is a registered sponsor for both Tier 2 (General) as well as Tier 2 (ICT) in the UK. Can they apply for a Tier 2 (General) visa for me to move to the UK and pursue ILR or are they legally bound to apply ONLY for a Tier 2 (ICT) since I am currently already employed by them overseas i.e. outside the UK for more than a year?

Thanks!

amit2453
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 2 General vs Tier 2 ICT Compulsion?

Post by amit2453 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:49 pm

I think it will depend on company policy whether they allow you to join on General Visa as this should consider you as new hire (means 1st leaving your company overseas). I dont think in this case any immigration rules stops you getting Tier 2 General or Tier 2 ICT. May be moderator can put some light if there is any such immigration rule.