ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-2 (ICT) Dependent to Tier 2(General) with same employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

inlondon16
Newly Registered
India

Tier-2 (ICT) Dependent to Tier 2(General) with same employer

Post by inlondon16 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

Hi Team,

I am also in same situation, the difference is that I came UK as PBS dependant (dependant on Tier 2 ICT ) in May 2016. Now I am working with a company since August 2018 (approx . 5 months now) and they are sponsoring me the Tier 2 general visa , ... they had done RLMT (Nov-Dec 2018) after I had joined..where no one had applied for the job, and now I have got the COS (Tier 2 (General - New hires - restricted)) and work start date is 27th March 2019.
I have below questions:
1) is the COS category correct?
2) what should be the process in switching visa in my case, was that during the RLMT, I was expected to resign and had applied for the same job and join the organisation on COS work start date, till then I should not be working with them, is this correct? or I can continue working while RLMT done without me applying for the same job again and I don not need to resign and join again (considering the fact I have not completed 6 months with my company), please suggest.
3) Please suggest what all documents I should have for this Visa. I have already applied for UK NARIC certificate and hope to get soon.
4) Any other thing that I should consider, before I leave UK to my home country (India) for Visa.
5) what are the things I need to do in my home country for Visa.
6) During and before my Visa processing can I work from home from my home country for the same (current) company that is sponsoring me the Visa?

Many thanks!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier-2 (ICT) Dependent to Tier 2(General) with same employer

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:56 am

I am also in same situation,
I have split your post to its own topic. Please do not tag onto 4 year old threads.

1. Yes.

2. There is NO requirement that you must have resigned or must resigned before applying. Provided RLMT was done properly and not tailored to suit you and it proves that no British or EU citizen or Settled person is suitable, then there should be no issues.

3. Read other posts in the forum, covered many times.

4. Maintenance funds if your sponsor is not certifying maintenance.

5. Apply for the visa and pay the fee and IHS and submit your application.

6. Up to your sponsor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

inlondon16
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier-2 (ICT) Dependent to Tier 2(General) with same employer

Post by inlondon16 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:26 pm

Thanks CR001 for your response !
1) Can you please direct me to any link/forum-- for all documents I should have for this Visa.
2) Also before this job I was working as free lancer within same job skills and so I am having a Limited company. Since I have joined my current company as permanent employee, I have not done anything on my limited company. Now since I am going to apply for Tier 2 General Visa, do I need to close my Limited company before Visa application and/or anything else I should be taking care in this regard. Please guide.

Many thanks!