ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT Long Term - Leaving Country Early

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

adrisuk
Newly Registered
Mexico

Tier 2 ICT Long Term - Leaving Country Early

Post by adrisuk » Fri May 10, 2019 10:59 am

Hi,

Im currently holder of a Tier 2 ICT Long Term visa (it expires Nov 2021), Im working my notice period and I a bit unsure in what I need to do next. I understand once my employer notify Home Office I need to leave the country within 60 days, and I've been told I need to send a format called "Change of Circumstances" but is very general, just ask for my name, DOB, and what is the change of circumstances.. I have couple of questions I need to clarify.

1) Do I need to send any documents to Home Office? What happen with my physical BRP?

2) I read HO will send a letter to me, but that may take more than 60 days. Not sure if I should give my current address as I might not be able to get that letter in time... Can I use one of my friends address? Does that letter includes any relevant information that I need to know before I leave the country?

3) During Cooling off period... Am I allowed to come to the UK as a tourist for holidays or to visit my friends?

thanks

Adriana

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ICT Long Term - Leaving Country Early

Post by CR001 » Fri May 10, 2019 11:00 am

1) Do I need to send any documents to Home Office? What happen with my physical BRP?
Nothing you need to do. Simply leave. You can return your BRP to HO if you want to.
2) I read HO will send a letter to me, but that may take more than 60 days. Not sure if I should give my current address as I might not be able to get that letter in time... Can I use one of my friends address? Does that letter includes any relevant information that I need to know before I leave the country?

If you leave the UK, you might not get a curtailment letter.
3) During Cooling off period... Am I allowed to come to the UK as a tourist for holidays or to visit my friends?
Should be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

adrisuk
Newly Registered
Mexico

Re: Tier 2 ICT Long Term - Leaving Country Early

Post by adrisuk » Fri May 10, 2019 11:27 am

Ahh Okay! So I don't even need to send that Change of circumstances document...? Because that's something someone in the government help line for employers told the HR lady in my office...

Sorry to be a pain, is just is the first time I go through a process like this and Im a bit unsure...

thanks

adriana