ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT Longterm to Teir 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

UKAuth123
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT Longterm to Teir 2 General

Post by UKAuth123 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:22 am

Hi,

I am Indian National working in UK since 2013 on UK Tier 2 Intra company Transfer (ICT) Work permit. I didn't come to UK prior to 2013. I came to UK through an Indian based company.

Now If I find a sponsor for Tier 2 General Visa, Can I switch to Tier 2 General within UK?

Also Can I stay another 6 years i.e. until 2023 on Tier 2 General in UK?

Can you please give the correct information?

Thanks & regards,
SK

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ICT Longterm to Teir 2 General

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:46 pm

What date did you come to the UK? Not sure why you reference 2013.
Now If I find a sponsor for Tier 2 General Visa, Can I switch to Tier 2 General within UK? No you cannot. You are subject to the 12 month cooling off period.

Also Can I stay another 6 years i.e. until 2023 on Tier 2 General in UK? Potentially yes
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

UKAuth123
Newly Registered

Post by UKAuth123 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:16 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I came to UK in Mar 2013 and since then working in UK on Teir 2 ICT workpermit.

Now if any other employer is ready to sponsor my Tier 2 General, Can I apply for Tier 2 General within UK?

If I can apply and get it, Also on Tier 2 General can I continue to stay with in UK for another 6 years?

Thanks & regards,
SK

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:25 pm

UKAuth123 wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I came to UK in Mar 2013 and since then working in UK on Teir 2 ICT workpermit.

Now if any other employer is ready to sponsor my Tier 2 General, Can I apply for Tier 2 General within UK? No you cannot. I have already answered this point. You will be subject to a 12 month cooling off period before you can apply for Tier 2 General

If I can apply and get it, Also on Tier 2 General can I continue to stay with in UK for another 6 years? Max time allowed on Tier 2 General is 6 years, I did answer this already too.

Thanks & regards,
SK
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

UKAuth123
Newly Registered

Post by UKAuth123 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:15 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

My wife is a dependent to me and staying in UK since Mar 2013.
She is currently not working with dependent visa and she has post graduation degree.

If some sponsor is available for her to give the job and sponsor Tier 2 General now, Can she get Tier 2 General from within UK and work for her new employer?

If the previous question's answer is "Yes", Can I become dependent to her and work in UK for any company with the dependent visa?

Thanks & regards,
SK

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:17 pm

If some sponsor is available for her to give the job and sponsor Tier 2 General now, Can she get Tier 2 General from within UK and work for her new employer?
No, she has to apply from her home country.
Can I become dependent to her and work in UK for any company with the dependent visa?
Yes, you can switch to dependent visa once she is granted a visa and will be free to change employers.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

UKAuth123
Newly Registered

Post by UKAuth123 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:08 pm

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the useful update.

Can you please let me know if my wife will have any cooling off period when she is applying for Tier 2 General from home country (India) as she is in UK since Mar 2013.

Also if She can get the Tier 2 General from India now, say in Aug 2017, Can I switch as dependent to her immediately after that either from India or in UK? Also can I stay in UK as dependent to her for another 6 years starting from Sep 2017.

Thanks & regards,
SK

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:14 pm

Can you please let me know if my wife will have any cooling off period when she is applying for Tier 2 General from home country (India) as she is in UK since Mar 2013.
Cooling off DOES NOT apply to dependents applying for Tier 2 G main applicant.
Also if She can get the Tier 2 General from India now, say in Aug 2017, Can I switch as dependent to her immediately after that either from India or in UK? Also can I stay in UK as dependent to her for another 6 years starting from Sep 2017.
You can switch WITHIN the UK as soon as she returns with a valid Tier 2 General, provided that you have a valid visa at that time. You can also apply from home country if you wish to. You can stay as a dependent for as long as she holds a valid visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

UKAuth123
Newly Registered

Post by UKAuth123 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:52 pm

Thanks for the helpful answers.

Thanks & regards,
SK