ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 - ICT

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Himkaval
Newly Registered

Tier 2 - ICT

Post by Himkaval » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:38 pm

Hi,
I am on Tier-2-ICT visa with 2 dependent. Wife and kid born out of UK.
First 3 year visa expiring in Sept,17. As per present rules it would be extended to another 2 years. My Wife is working on dependent visa, however company is gery small and may not do formalities for her General Category Visa. As per present regulations cooling period of 12 months would apply in 2019, is there any option or way wherein we can avoid that. Internay my compahyvis transferring between one company To another within UK who both are authorised to employee person under Tier 2 - ICT category.

Thnks in advnace.

Kaval

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Tier 2 - ICT

Post by poper » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:36 am

Himkaval wrote:Hi,
I am on Tier-2-ICT visa with 2 dependent. Wife and kid born out of UK.
First 3 year visa expiring in Sept,17. As per present rules it would be extended to another 2 years. My Wife is working on dependent visa, however company is gery small and may not do formalities for her General Category Visa. As per present regulations cooling period of 12 months would apply in 2019, is there any option or way wherein we can avoid that. Internay my compahyvis transferring between one company To another within UK who both are authorised to employee person under Tier 2 - ICT category.

Thnks in advnace.

Kaval
Options i can think of(not completely exhaustive):

Option1: The most practical option is your wife moving to Tier 2 General. She will need to apply from home country and you could switch as her dependent.
Option2: You can move without cool-off period to Tier 2 General(applying from home country) provided you find a sponsor willing to pay your around £160,000(not sure if this was £120,000 from April 2017)
Option3: Other option is switching to a Tier 4 student visa which could be expensive
Option4: Switch to Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa if you/wife have £50,000 and a business plan
Option5: Your current employer will need to pay you >=£120,000 so that you could extend till 9 years

A Tier 2 General is not a straightforward application. In most of the cases, the employer will need to complete an RLMT to prove no suitable permanent resident is available to fill the role(google for RLMT)

See also,

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/faqs ... 98916.html
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.