ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tappa59
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General

Post by tappa59 » Sun May 19, 2019 5:54 pm

Hi

Being aware of what the restrictions are in terms of switching from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General, I am looking for advice for the following situation.

Being currently in Tier 2 ICT, I have come across a Contract Job for 6 months which has a significant daily pay. Even though the contract is for 6 months but annual salary based on the daily pay is around 160K. If the Employer issues a COS and I apply for Tier 2 G what are my chances here.

If I understand correctly I can only apply form Tier 2 General outside of Uk?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General

Post by CR001 » Mon May 20, 2019 5:41 am

It is not permitted to contract on tier 2 General. You would be in breach if your visa Conditions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tappa59
Newly Registered
India

Post by tappa59 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:56 pm

Can you please explain a bit more....

I have a Job Offer from an employer and would be working for that employer or it's client...so does that cause legal issue?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon May 20, 2019 7:19 pm

When did you first gain your Tier2 ICT?
That will establish if you can move to Tier 2 general in the first place.

Contracting regardless of the scenario is a no no for Tier 2 workers. You can not be employed under Tier 2 as a contractor nor can your Sponsor hire you out as a supply of labour.

So whatever way you look at it the lovely highly paid job is not ever going to be filled legally by a tier 2 migrant.

tappa59
Newly Registered
India

Post by tappa59 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:28 pm

Well you are not really a contractor as you are employed by an employer who is providing the COS. You will work for that employer only that is what my understanding is. My Tier 2 ICT was issued last year.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:32 pm

A job that is a 'daily rate' is almost always a 'contractor job'.

Out of interest, is this proposed employer charging you a fee for a CoS or a percentage of your monthly earnings?? Will you have to invoice them for payment or find your own 'other contract jobs'??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tappa59
Newly Registered
India

Post by tappa59 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:40 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:32 pm
A job that is a 'daily rate' is almost always a 'contractor job'.

Out of interest, is this proposed employer charging you a fee for a CoS or a percentage of your monthly earnings?? Will you have to invoice them for payment or find your own 'other contract jobs'??
No fee for the COS gosh that would such a scam :) I would be a on a payroll and would be paid monthly based on the daily rate. I wouldn't have to invoice them. I was interviewed by the employer and that the client for whom I would work.

But I am not sure if I should go ahead with the application and hence looking for advice.

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Tue May 21, 2019 2:03 pm

So you will have an employer and they will send you to other clients for work. From the description in this thread, it seems like a 'contractor job'. If I were you, I would be very careful in deciding to take on this job.