ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 salary

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

TaherLy

Tier 2 salary

Post by TaherLy » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:58 am

My employer is paying me the minimum salary set out in my CoS but part of the that salary I chose not to receive it directly but to use it to get private healthcare insurance for me and my family and some other benefits , I also donate to some Hmrc recognised charities through employer so I can get tax relief on donated money and it goes all to these charities . The reference gross salary on
Payslips is still as stated in CoS though . Is this an issue considering the P60 will show less taxed income as some of the benefits I received are not taxed ? Is this breaching my tier 2 minimum salary requirements?

TaherLy

Re: Tier 2 salary

Post by TaherLy » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:10 pm

Any thoughts please?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:54 am

As long as your gross salary meets the minimum salary for the role / COS it is not an issue.

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:39 am

For tax purposes, income and salary are 2 different things. You should be fine but get professional advice.

TaherLy

Post by TaherLy » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:39 am

Thank you for your response? Do you think this will be ok even though the p60 and payroll will show less taxed salary than what’s in the CoS since some of the benefits I exchanged for my salary had tax relief?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:53 pm

Your gross salary before tax must equal that of the declared COS. What happen post deductions for tax, NI and benefits is not an issue, assuming the correct taxation is declared and paid by your employer.

TaherLy

Post by TaherLy » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:16 pm

Perfect thank you
Very useful!

TaherLy

Post by TaherLy » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:12 pm

Hello friends

I had a chat with an immigration advisor today who stated that absence letters from employers are no longer required under the skilled worker route . How accurate is that ? Are we expecting settlement forms to be updated and that section removed ?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:32 pm

Probably not, with the maximum number of years in Tier 2 now removed under Skilled Worker route you can stay on indefinitely.
The issue is more likely to be wither in any one qualifying period for ILR you have not exceeded the limits set for being absent for the UK