ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to BNO Visa - Healthcare surcharge

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Snowy_s
Newly Registered
Mood:

Tier 2 to BNO Visa - Healthcare surcharge

Post by Snowy_s » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:21 pm

Hi all,

I am a current Tier 2 General holder and looking to switch to BNO visa, any idea if I need to pay the Healthcare surcharge again?

Initially I thought I would have to. But when I make the application, I was asked have I paid the surcharge and do I have an IHS number. I clicked yes and submitted my existing IHS number for Tier 2. (application currently saved and yet to make the final submission)

Anyone have any ideas?
I am thinking about making the submission as is, and I assume they would request me to pay if a new IHS is needed.

I can't find other post talking about this, your answer is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 to BNO Visa - Healthcare surcharge

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:25 pm

You have to pay the health surcharge again, as stated on ukvi's website. You need a new IHS reference number.

https://www.gov.uk/british-national-ove ... h-it-costs

Be careful assuming you will be asked to pay. A member posted today that they were not asked to pay after submitting and could likely be refused for an entry clearance application in another category.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

newbieli
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 to BNO Visa - Healthcare surcharge

Post by newbieli » Tue May 25, 2021 11:41 am

Hi Snowy_s, did you switch to the BNO visa at the end? If so, how long did it take to get approved?

Many thanks!!!