ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Visa delay - 43 days

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

balajichitiraivel
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Visa delay - 43 days

Post by balajichitiraivel » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:45 am

Hi All,

I have submitted my applications on April 19 and its 43 days still didnt get my passport.
I spoke with UKVI team and they told like Entry clearance office decision is still pending.
Did you faced this kind of issue and timeline. Kindly advise.

1. Category applying under (General / ICT / other) - General
2. Country of application - India
3. City of Visa Application Centre - chennai

4. Date of submission of documents -19th April 2017

Dainty26
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 Visa delay - 43 days

Post by Dainty26 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:09 pm

I have the same situation. Im from the Philippines and had my biometrics last April 21 at the VFS Manila and even paid for a priority service. Until now, I am still waiting for my passport and visa. I also applied for Tier 2 - General migrant worker. It's frustrating that we don't even what's really happening and the updates arent really up to date and answers to enquiries arent really helpful. Anyways, let's just keep on praying it will arrive soon.

gauravbatra

Post by gauravbatra » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:22 am

Hi, I'm in the same boat.
I applied on 27th April from New Delhi , India and still waiting for their email or SMS from VFS.

tcetinkaya
Newly Registered

Post by tcetinkaya » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:47 am

I have applied tier 2 general on April 28 from Istanbul-Turkey and still waiting like you. If anyone get visa, please comment here.

koko88

Post by koko88 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:15 am

I should panic the most :( I have applied from India 13th April (Kolkata) and still waiting for any response from them.

Ankita_G
Newly Registered

Post by Ankita_G » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:57 am

Hello Everyone,

I think I should panic the most I applied on 21 Mar from Bangalore, India and still waiting for their response. Its too too frustrating. The worst part is contacting on the help line is not much of a use. They always say decision is pending. :(

gauravbatra

Post by gauravbatra » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:15 am

In my case when I called customer service number they said the decision was made on 12th May.
But still I haven't got any email or message from VFS. It's like an endless wait :cry:

tcetinkaya
Newly Registered

Post by tcetinkaya » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:46 pm

Hey, Ankita

You really mean 21 March, You have been waiting for 2 and half month for this visa!! This is my first experience with UK. If i knew that visa processing time can take like this, I could never apply. When i check visa processing time by ukvi.gov.tr, it says it is 15 working days (100%) but still i am waiting. This is really crazy. When you ask your visa status by e-email. they say decision is made in 15 working days for 90%. It means we are in 10%. Why i am in this slice of 10%, i do not think there is any logical answer. It is too frustrating. I travel all of the world. They offer me this job and i decide to go there to contribute their science and technology, but i am waiting maybe they will check my application and maybe my visa will be granted.

I hope we will hear good news from everyone

manorana2009

Post by manorana2009 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:06 am

Hi All,

I also haven't received my visa. Any advice Contacting UK Visas and Immigration paid services. The call cost £1.37 per minute & Emails inquiries cost £5.48.

Do you think it worth of paying money in order to know the status?

Thanks

gauravbatra

Post by gauravbatra » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:53 am

Hello manorana2009 ,
Could you please share with us for which visa did you apply and when?

Thanks
Regards
Gaurav

manorana2009

Post by manorana2009 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:00 am

Hi Gaurav,
I had applied Tier 2 Shortage Occupation. It was on 1st of May.
Thanks
Manoj

gauravbatra

Post by gauravbatra » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:06 am

Hi Manoj,
Thank you for sharing with us.

Regards
Gaurav

balajichitiraivel
Newly Registered

Post by balajichitiraivel » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:10 am

Hi All,

Did you seen anyone waited and got visa after 2 months.?

Ankita_G
Newly Registered

Post by Ankita_G » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:28 am

tcetinkaya wrote:Hey, Ankita

You really mean 21 March, You have been waiting for 2 and half month for this visa!! This is my first experience with UK. If i knew that visa processing time can take like this, I could never apply. When i check visa processing time by ukvi.gov.tr, it says it is 15 working days (100%) but still i am waiting. This is really crazy. When you ask your visa status by e-email. they say decision is made in 15 working days for 90%. It means we are in 10%. Why i am in this slice of 10%, i do not think there is any logical answer. It is too frustrating. I travel all of the world. They offer me this job and i decide to go there to contribute their science and technology, but i am waiting maybe they will check my application and maybe my visa will be granted.

I hope we will hear good news from everyone

Yes, I have been waiting from so long. Its too frustrating to just wait especially when not sure of the outcome. I have sent email and called them couple of times but they just say decision has not been made. :(

balajichitiraivel
Newly Registered

Post by balajichitiraivel » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:38 am

hmm. Thanks :D . Please keep us posted.

aurelia
Newly Registered

Post by aurelia » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:44 am

Hi all,
I am in the same situation. I had my biometrics appointment on 4th of May. After a couple of weeks I've received a call from the VAC. They told me that something went wrong with the biometric data collected from all the applicants in Chisinau, Moldova on the 4th of May. So, on the 25th of May I had to submit them again. Since then - no news, and it's been more than a month since my original application...last Friday I decided to contact the paid Help Line. I wrote an email. Here is their answer:

Dear Sir Mr xxxx,

Thank you for your enquiry dated on 02/06/2017.

I received an email from you regarding of Tier 2. You've started your application on 22/04/2017 and had your biometrics appointment in Chisinau VAC on 04/05/2017. On the 25/05/17 you received a phone call from the same visa centre. They stated that there was a problem with the biometrics data submitted by all the applicants in Chisinau on 04/05/2017 and you had to submit them again. Since then you didn't receive any information on your application. It's been nearly 1 month since your appointment and on the Home Office site it is stated that a decision should be made within 15 working days or 3 weeks. You would like to check an update on your visa status.

Please refer to the following link for further guidance on checking how long it will take to receive visa:

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits
https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/work-visas

Please note the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visas and Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being given full and careful consideration.

Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you. If you need any further help you should seek independent immigration advice. Immigration advisers can help you with immigration matters, including completion of forms and representing you at a tribunal. The Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) regulates immigration advisers, which means they must meet certain standards.

Please see the link below to find an immigration advisor:

https://www.gov.uk/find-an-immigration-adviser

Yours faithfully,
Arina
UK Visas and Immigration

Arina

As you see, it is useless, because it directs me on the http://www.gov.uk site... it is ridiculous...
I guess the only thing to do is wait... Like in that British saying: "Good things come to those who wait" :D

gauravbatra

Post by gauravbatra » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:46 am

I called inquiry service again and to be honest they can't do anything. They just said wait 10-15 working days which they are keep saying since 20 working days.

HIENNGO
Newly Registered

Post by HIENNGO » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:43 pm

Hi All,

I applied for Tier 2 general on May 05. On the same day, I got a sms saying that my application was forwarded to UKVI. After that, I did not receive any update. Today (June 07), I got an email: "Your online application has been received in Sheffield, UK. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer...."

It took more than one month to send my app?! Is there anyone having a similar issue?

balajichitiraivel
Newly Registered

Post by balajichitiraivel » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:29 pm

yes. We are waiting from April month. :(

tcetinkaya
Newly Registered

Post by tcetinkaya » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:58 pm

Hi Hienngo

I have applied April 28 and I got this e-email May 4 that it recieved to sheffield visa section, and they emailed me also May 19 that my application has not been straightforward, so desicision will be delayed.

This will not help you, but i think you want to compare your situation with someone other.

We all wait. If anyone get positive response from UKVI, please share here.

HIENNGO
Newly Registered

Post by HIENNGO » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:15 am

Thanks, balajichitiraivel, tcetinkaya,

What is about your start date given in CoS? Did it pass? My start date passed and I am worrying about this.

koko88

Post by koko88 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:03 am

I have paid £5.48 for the email service and they have not responded. This is cheating. If they are taking that money UKVI must sent the reply. This is too frustrating. Why dont UKVi get somebody is waiting to join a job or someone's family is dependent on this job. They at least can send some timeline by that we can get the response.

gauravbatra

Post by gauravbatra » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:08 am

Call them instead of email. On email they usually reply within 2-3 working days.

tcetinkaya
Newly Registered

Post by tcetinkaya » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:25 pm

Hi Hiengo

My work start date, writing on cos passed as well. There is nothing to do for this. This is my first experience, i dont know rulls exactly. But, i think start work date is changable according to your arrival date. As far as i understand, The important point is when cos is issued for you. I think we have to start job in 3 months after cos issued date. After then cos will be cancelled. But i am not sure about cos cancelation, but i am sure that your work date can change according to your arrival date. I know this From HR of my sponsor company.

HIENNGO
Newly Registered

Post by HIENNGO » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:47 am

Hi Tcetinkaya,

I am confusing re the start date. I checked with my company. They told me that there is a new 4-week limit rule from Tier 2 Guide:

"If a sponsored Tier 2 visa holder's start date is delayed by more than 4 weeks sponsorship would have to be withdrawn. The start date listed on a Tier 2 CoS can be amended before the visa application is submitted by the individual. After this point the 4 week limit on any delayed start would apply."

It means you will not be able to start more than four weeks after the start date on the CoS. So if you are not in post before 4 weeks (after the start date on the CoS), the company must start the process of your visa again i.e. create a new CoS and apply again.

Could you double-check with your company and share with me about this?