ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4(ACCA) to tier 2 general

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zeeshi1122

Tier 4(ACCA) to tier 2 general

Post by zeeshi1122 » Sun May 14, 2017 11:35 am

Hi everyone

I am on tier 4 visa studying acca passed 12 out of 14 exams and appearing in last 2 exams next month, apart from that i got Bsc Hons degree from Oxford Brooks University.

I am working part time and my employer is ready to sponser me after finishing my Acca.

My concern is, am i able to switch from tier 4 to tier 2 given that i am doing professional qualification not degree or can i use my Bsc Hons degree??

Visa History
Tier 4 student
29 Jan 2015 to 30 oct 2017

Regards
Ash

Sonu143
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 4(ACCA) to tier 2 general

Post by Sonu143 » Tue May 30, 2017 10:49 pm

Hi There,
You could certainly apply to switch from within the UK without RLMT on the basis of the Oxford Brookes degree. One of my friend has just got the visa on the basis of the OB Degree, he was also doing ACCA but now working full time. So I am sure you should be fine as well.
Good luck...

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 4(ACCA) to tier 2 general

Post by iworker » Wed May 31, 2017 8:07 am

There are cases similar to yours where people have successfully changed within uk.
However, if there is a caseworker who understands your case correctly, he may refuse u, as your OB degree was not obtained on the student visa that you are currently sponsored for.. i.e., your student visa is for acca only and you have got the OB degree on the side, which should not warrant the change of category within uk.
but like i said, there are people who have been lucky to get it within uk.