ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 ICT curtailment after I left UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sam2525
Newly Registered
India

Tier2 ICT curtailment after I left UK

Post by Sam2525 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:02 pm

Hi , I moved to UK on June, 2014 on Inter company transfer Visa (ICT) , sponsored by XXX.
My sponsorship had come to an early end and I had left UK on August 31st , 2017 along with my family. and joined back my parent company from 1st September, 2017. the same has been updated in SMS system by my Company on 1st September, 2017

In March 2018 , I had received a curtailment notice inspite of me leaving the country will before the end date.

When I received the below Notice , I was not sure what this was and forwarded the same to my UK company to look into the matter, as me and my family left UK on 31st August, 2017 itself and had not overstayed even for a single day.

Our Company Immigration firm "XXXX who act on behalf of our company, have replied to the notice with all the clarifications and evidence of my family and myself leaving UK on 31st August , 2017, and requested to update the records accordingly.

After that we have not heard back from the curtailment team, now I am applying for a tie2 visa , wanted to know if this will effect and is my name in the overstayed migrant. as I am not sure if the HO has updated the correct details.
Can you please help by answering the below questions

1. How can I know the status of my records in home office ?
2. whom do I need to write , as there was no mail id mentioned , and when I replied back to the mail id from were I received , it said that HO does not reply to the mails marked to this mail id.
3. I have completed by cooling off period also and have all the evidence to prove that I left the country a year back, will it still create a problem.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier2 ICT curtailment after I left UK

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:06 pm

You are over thinking.

Curtailment letters take a couple of months to get sent out.

You will need to submit proof of when you left the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sam2525
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sam2525 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:35 pm

Thank you for your reply.

I hd actually received the curtailment notice on 13th March 2018 which was served through e mail , and I had replied with evidence of boarding pass and my passport entry stamps that I had left UK on 31t August 2017 itself to the below address and also surrendering the BRP cards slit into 2 pieces.

BRP Management Unit
Home office
Portishead office park
Portishead , Bristol

I had also replied to the mail id from which I had received the notice (Homeofficecurtailments@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk), but was sent a auto generated reply that home office does not respond to the mails sent on this id.

I am not sure if the records are updated accordingly , As I am applying for the Tier 2 general visa this time I do not was it to get rejected on the bases on this notice or have any issues at the port of entry.

Is there any way I can check my status with UK home office ?

your advice will be of great help as I am really tensed.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:38 pm

There was no need to send all sorts of stuff to HO to prove you have left the UK. The curtailment letter is just the final process (and it takes long to get sent) and there is no need to respond, stress or worry at all. You are overthinking.

You will see in the Tier 2 General HO website, it states you are only then required to submit evidence of when you left the UK to make sure your 12 months is passed.

There is no need or way to check your 'status' in the UK, your visa was simply cancelled after you left, end of. You are worrying over nothing.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sam2525
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sam2525 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:51 pm

Thank you so Much.. A big relief

Sam2525
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sam2525 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:39 am

Hi ,

While applying for RCOS my start date was mentioned as 15th Dec, 2018, and the same was granted, but I need to serve 3 months notice period which is ending on Dec 28th, 2018.

The rcos is not yet assigned , can I change my start date to Jan 2, 2019 instead in 15th Dec, 2018 as I need to serve my notice period .

There will be change in the start date from 15th dec, 2018 when I applied the RCOS to Jan 02, 2019 in the actual RCOS after it gets been assigned.