ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timelines for Tier 2 VISA

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kalyanthatsme
Newly Registered

Timelines for Tier 2 VISA

Post by Kalyanthatsme » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:14 pm

Hi All,

I have applied for my Tier 2 VISA extension 2 days back. Can any one guide how long will it take to get it stamped normally

I have paid fees through my Debit card thinking that it can save 5 to 10 days instead of paying through Cheque.

Thank you.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Timelines for Tier 2 VISA

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:56 am

Kalyanthatsme wrote:Hi All,

I have applied for my Tier 2 VISA extension 2 days back. Can any one guide how long will it take to get it stamped normally
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ergeneral/
I have paid fees through my Debit card thinking that it can save 5 to 10 days instead of paying through Cheque.
Good choice yes it makes difference..

Kalyanthatsme
Newly Registered

Post by Kalyanthatsme » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:02 am

Thank you Ramesh. Can you also please avdvise if I can check my VISa status anywhere in Online.

Will I get any reference number for my application

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:03 am

Kalyanthatsme wrote:Thank you Ramesh. Can you also please avdvise if I can check my VISa status anywhere in Online.

I think UKBA has not launched Online tracking of the application.. though they give status info by phone.. after a certain time (4weeks or 6weeks not sure..)

Yes you will receive Reference No through a letter in 4-5days after you send in your application and fee is deducted..

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:23 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
Kalyanthatsme wrote:Thank you Ramesh. Can you also please avdvise if I can check my VISa status anywhere in Online.

I think UKBA has not launched Online tracking of the application.. though they give status info by phone.. after a certain time (4weeks or 6weeks not sure..)

Yes you will receive Reference No through a letter in 4-5days after you send in your application and fee is deducted..
I belive it is 14 working days. "We cannot issue any information about pending applications until 14 working days after recieving the application."

Or something like that.