ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

travel history for tier2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kv912
Newly Registered
Germany

Apply visa in other country

Post by kv912 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:40 pm

Hallo, I am living in Germany with a temporary residence permit for study purpose. I need to apply tier2 for my graduate job in UK. Can I apply it in Germany or do I need to go back to my home country to apply? Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Apply visa in other country

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:59 pm

You can apply in any country where you have legal residence, i.e. not there as a visitor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dikayudha8
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Re: Apply visa in other country

Post by dikayudha8 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:35 pm

I worked in Singapore when I applied Uk tier 2 visa. I am Indonesian and I applied my tier 2 visa in Singapore. As long as you have proof of residence (student visa, or work visa) in the country you are living in, then you’ll be fine.

And sometimes, you are exempted in some requirements that don’t apply in the country you are living in. In Indonesia, you have to present TB test certificate. Since that requirement doesn't apply in Singapore, and I lived there for 2 years with less than 2 months of staying in Indonesia in that 2 years, I don’t have to present TB test at all.

kv912
Newly Registered
Germany

travel history for tier2

Post by kv912 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:11 pm

Hallo,

I am living in Germany (as a student with a temporary residence permit) and would like to apply the tier2 visa in Germany.
Regarding the travel history, do I need to disclose the trip to my home country and the trips to other EU countries?
For the trip to my home countries, there is no stamp on my passport (of course, I am a citizen).
For the trip to other EU countries, there is no stamp as well because I have the Germany residence permit.

One more question. I lost my expired old passport. Will my application be rejected because I can't provide evidence of (some) travel history?

Thanks.